Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All six Plugs bad,gotta get newbie's,and you guys get to help!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All six Plugs bad,gotta get newbie's,and you guys get to help!

Answer the following:
    Autolite Platinum
    100.00%
    Accel
    0.00%
    Motorcraft Platinum
    0.00%
    NGK Iridium
    0.00%
    If you pick Bosch, get off the trail!!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Joshua

"You Ain't No Real Hawaiian!"

What's wrong with Bosch?? Did you know that they had a split tip plug, in the early 80's?? Long before the Splitfire. Ok, so you're correct, Boschs don't belong on the trail, unless you have one of the new VW's (which got an excellent write up in the current Four Wheeler), Bosch plugs are for German cars. Just like the NGKs are for Japanes cars. So of what you put up there, I would go with the Autolites, not necessarily the Platinums though, Jeeps don't need Platinum plugs. Use regular plugs, and gap them over by .005 to .010 and it will run fine.

Just my $.02

Erik

Comment

Take this for what you wish, but in the course of my job, I recommend entire motor combo's, plugs, heat ranges and basic to advanced tune up settings. I consistantly tell people to use the Autolites or Champions as a tuning plug due to their reliative low cost. Then once the correct heat range is determined, swap to an NGK or Bosch. (Do you really think that your motor knows the brand of the plug?) Its been my experience that NGK and Bosch are two of the best plugs out there and they last the longest, but they will not cure an engine running condition that causes them to fail. No plug will. They can crutch or cover up a problem, but not cure it unless its caused directly by the plug. I recommend finding out why the plugs are fouling in the first place, and fix that. Let me know if you need help

Comment

I guess I'm breaking the rules, but I've been using Bosch Platinum +4s. They work great- made a difference in how easy it starts & runs. Plus they don't get gapped which makes them super easy to install- even if you're an idiot like me who's allergic to printed instructions
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
          - even if you're an idiot like me who's allergic to printed instructions
          I usually don't post in the mechanical areas of Jeeps and usually leave that to Tom (king4wd), but I had to post this time after reading this. I'm rotflmao at this quote! It's true he is allergic to printed instructions, afterall look how long it took to install a Detroit EZ Locker 5 - 6hours for what a ~ 2hour job
          I kept telling you and PRegner to read the instructions Oh well, sometimes I don't read instructions either. I guess we're two peas in a pod!

Sorry dear! I couldn't refuse!
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
          X