Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to sure about the earlier 4.0's.. you can get a rebuildable shortblock and a 91-95 head from scottys 4x4 in fontana for about 300.00. i'd just hate to see you do so much work to a build and then find out that its not as good as a block thats HO and has added webbing and the girdle and all that. BTW keep the stock cam. i hear mopar has a NEW cam with near stock wide cam lobes but as of now, dont use comp cams or any other aftermarket cam as they are to narrow at the lobes and will eat up your lifters and will run the lobes flat as well. a stock cam is more mild but it'll get you much much farther down the road.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

hmm... I am looking at the injectors on this engine I have and noticed that 2 of them don't match the other 4... I am vondering if that is the reason the last cylinder went south. I might just get this engine going, and sell it as such and do what you say, go get the block I want. part of me is thinking to just break down and spend the cash on a turn key stroker from one of these guys in JP...
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

god no..!!

look, dont over analyse a stroker. its really very simple. get a 97-98 block, a 91 -95 head, a 12 weight 258 crank. only bore it out about .020. the problem that ALOT of guys have is that they over bore it and then they get to agressive on the cam. stick to a stock cam, stock lifters, stock valve springs, stock valves. im in an aircraft maintenance program and let me tell you, after building cessna motors and doing serious maintenance for airplanes, a car engine isnt squat. keep it clean, keep it simple and keep it strong.
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

do you want to sell what you have? I would be interested.
          I have no problem running renix era parts.
          1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I've built plenty long stroke Injected inline 6 engines. The great thing about them is lugging over rocks. The inline 6 inherently lugs better than their 90 degree v8 cousins do but you really got to build it to compete with a V8 for hp. For my own inline 6, I went for low end torque with smaller exhaust ports in 2001 head, 2000 EFI parts, header and a few tricks. I've built them with custom forged pistons, big cams, high cr, etc. But any fresh block(even a 4.2), 4.0 head, late model intake, serpentine acc., cold air and you've got a strong low end highly reliable motor. It won't compete with a hemi or a gm 6.0 or LT1 but the package fits the jeeps well. another plus is they won't brake your axles as easy as a 370 lbs torque V8 will either.

Comment

Working...
            X