Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 caurberation

Has anyone had any success with the Carter bbd? Mine rebuilt is working ok, but I hate stalling on steep hills in awkward positions.

What about the Motorcraft swap, can it pass smog in CA? I cant afford EFI right now.
    I have a Jeep

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/engine/carter.html

(Haven't had a carb in a few years - but have heard this works)
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I did the MC2100 swap. Smog is due by dec, gonna be tricky but I'll figure something out . Also did the TFI ford ignition upgrade. Jeep runs alot better. The carter was ok when it was working but it periodically would come up with these little hick ups, especially towards the end. Here's some more links .
      MC2100
      MC2100-2
      TFI
      TFI 2
      Was actually pretty easy for half a mechanic like me.
      Last edited by paulhead; 10-21-05, 07:53 PM.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

what did you do for an air cleaner? pulse air tubes? disconect the computer?
        I have a Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboysfc
          what did you do for an air cleaner? pulse air tubes? disconect the computer?
          Thats why doing my smog is gonna' be tricky, I disconnected all that stuff.

Comment

That looks sweet!:drool:
            I have seen a reqular vendor on ebay that sells kits for the mc carb on 4.2 engines, he claims that they will pass smog. Anyway when the time comes let me know how it goes.
            I have a Jeep

Comment

I saw that guys ad on Ebay, and it looks like a sweet kit, but, whether he says it will pass or not, fact is, it won't pass CA smog. It may pass the sniffer and dyno, but it won't pass the visual.
              Scott
              89 yj with crap and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Po; Riggity
                I saw that guys ad on Ebay, and it looks like a sweet kit, but, whether he says it will pass or not, fact is, it won't pass CA smog. It may pass the sniffer and dyno, but it won't pass the visual.
                Scott
                Yeah, I'm having trouble getting passed, I would'nt recommend it unless you can, well, hook up the visual or something. I don't want to suggest doing anything illegal but like I said I'm not having fun trying to get my jeep passed. But dude wants like 2Bill$ or something and I got my for $26 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                X