Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 into a YJ?

Hey guys I'm new to the site. I have a 89 yj converted to a 4.0. I have a 2003 LS1 Corvettte engine sitting in my garage waiting to be dropped into something. Anyone ever put one in a YJ? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure Mike Copeland from Diversified Creations (Howell, MI) has a LS1 in his jeep. There are obviously issues with this, such as emissions legality.....If you are running a automatic, you will need to have a external tranny controller because the PCM out of the corvette will not know what to do when you shift into 4-lo, so you will have to reprogram the tranny every time you go between low and high range (once the programs are written, it is a snap to go between them....just need a laptop and IIRC a RS232 cable). Mike had this problem when he had the LS1 in his S-10. Also, be careful of the tranny.....again, Mike blew up several 4l60e's before finally putting a 4l80e into the truck.

I don't know of anyone else running LS1's in a jeep...but it isn't going to be a simple swap......
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

SWEET! Thanks for the info... Any other info would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about running A GM4500 if at all possible. Thanks again... I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X