• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 vacuum diagram

4.2 vacuum diagram

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

If you actually get all that junk to work, I'll kiss your... Wait, nevermind. But seriously, when you go to start it and half of the vacuum actuated junk doesn't work, let me know. First off is bypassing the computer, the carb stepper motor, and the solenoids that mount to the firewall (left side of the pic). Search the net for "nutter bypass" and you'll find the info to bypass that junk. The vacuum gates (or whatever they're called) in the intake may also be toast. The one that is supposed to pull warm air from around the exhaust manifold is what gave me trouble - if it will not pull closed due to a torn diaphragm, it will run like it has the choke on all the time. I wired mine open. I have the FSM with all the diagnostic tests and procedures if you need info on a specific POS. Of course, if it starts up and all is well, it will probably pass smog a lot easier than if you start hacking stuff out of the system.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

thanks for the info.
      i'll let you know, [hopefully] tomorrow wether or not it all works.
      ERIK

Comment

Uh... Erik...

Is this for the Jeep I bought? Cuz... I'm having some issues getting the vacuum system up and running correctly. Which I need to do or I wont pass the "visual inspection" of my smog certification. I'm pretty close to done getting it all 'back to factory' but if the ECU was bypassed could ya let me know? I'm very close to passing the sniffer for smog, but the "visual" is what's killing me. Hi-Desert smog guys suck. Also, if there is anyone in the desert here with me that "knows a guy" let me into the CLUB!!!!
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

yes, this is for the 4.2
          what are you not passing on the visual inspection? it all looked pretty much as it should.
          how is everything holding up on there?
          ERIK

Comment

According to the smog jerk...

currently the 2 control valves for the fresh air intake and reciculation of exhaust back into the engine are merged so that they can't perform their function. Part to fix this is a 'dealer only' part... $50. Man I wish there were boneyards closer with 1990 YJ's in them. (Selenoids on the top of the engine, left side of the diagram) These hoses go into the two holes on the bottom of the air cleaner box.

Also, idle control selenoids (actually on firewall, but bottom of diagram) vacuum lines routed to the wrong spots.

I basically went back through using the diagram and have it all going where it should now, just need that one last part (I hope). I just wondered if the ECU was bypassed or tricked somehow? I wouldnt be able to tell just by looking at it as I'm a moron.

Comment

i have no idea what was done with the computer if anything. i took it to the smog station and it was very close to passing. there was a guy in orange county that was going to adjust the carb to make it pass and give the cert for a couple hundred bucks. emissions is not my expertise, and is a pain in the ass, which is why i was prepared to take it to him to fix.
              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                Is this for the Jeep I bought? Cuz... I'm having some issues getting the vacuum system up and running correctly. Which I need to do or I wont pass the "visual inspection" of my smog certification. I'm pretty close to done getting it all 'back to factory' but if the ECU was bypassed could ya let me know? I'm very close to passing the sniffer for smog, but the "visual" is what's killing me. Hi-Desert smog guys suck. Also, if there is anyone in the desert here with me that "knows a guy" let me into the CLUB!!!!
                Stop by and see me in Yucca Valley at Stellar Performance 7363 Wamego Trail.....365-2692.....I'm not a Smog station, but have owned Smog stations in the past. I have the experience and equipment to make it legal AND can get is Smogged for you........Let me know..B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by bjnrae
                  Stop by and see me in Yucca Valley at Stellar Performance 7363 Wamego Trail.....365-2692.....I'm not a Smog station, but have owned Smog stations in the past. I have the experience and equipment to make it legal AND can get is Smogged for you........Let me know..B.J.
                  :shout: I am SO calling you TODAY! :shout: Are you open on Saturdays? Due to my work schedule, I don't get days off very often. I'd like to get this done prior to Stoddard so that MAYBE I can talk the wife into going. If she has her own Jeep there she may be more convinced of the fun to be had.

Comment

Guess you're not open on MLK day... oops. My mistake as I work every freakin day of the year it seems. I'll call today and maybe stop by today if I can can sky out of work early.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                      Guess you're not open on MLK day... oops. My mistake as I work every freakin day of the year it seems. I'll call today and maybe stop by today if I can can sky out of work early.
                      Monday thru Friday 8-5. But we can meet up for you to drop it off at your convenience. Sorry I have been away at the Offroad Impact Convention in Vegas....Just got back...B.J.

Comment

Monday thru Friday 8-5. But we can meet up for you to drop it off at your convenience. Sorry I have been away at the Offroad Impact Convention in Vegas....Just got back...B.J.
                        Oh! Okay, sounds good. I was hoping to check it out with you or your guys to try to figure it out together. I love wrenching on my own junk, but this has me a bit stumped. If that's not possible, thats okay too. I know that there is a part I need to get, perhaps I'll get that and then bring it by. I have a few days off coming up (28th - 31st) and am hoping to get it "done" by then.

How was the convention? Offroad Impact? Like environmental impact issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                          Oh! Okay, sounds good. I was hoping to check it out with you or your guys to try to figure it out together. I love wrenching on my own junk, but this has me a bit stumped. If that's not possible, thats okay too. I know that there is a part I need to get, perhaps I'll get that and then bring it by. I have a few days off coming up (28th - 31st) and am hoping to get it "done" by then.

How was the convention? Offroad Impact? Like environmental impact issues?
                          Sorry, but we don't allow customers to work in our shop with our techs. We will talk when you come in. The Offroad Impact was a blast. The show/convention is for All Offroad parts dealers. They have on display all the latest and greatest stuff available for 4x4's, trucks, jeeps, crawlers etc...B.J.

Comment

Sorry, but we don't allow customers to work in our shop with our techs. We will talk when you come in. The Offroad Impact was a blast. The show/convention is for All Offroad parts dealers. They have on display all the latest and greatest stuff available for 4x4's, trucks, jeeps, crawlers etc...B.J.
                            I completely understand that, insurance... and the old adage of: "If I fix it, it costs $50... if you help, it's $100." I just wanted to know what I'm dicking up on the project. I may actually come by sooner than later. I have the mornings off... good ole 3 - 11 shift.

I can't wait to hear about all the new stuff out there, I assume you took a ton of pictures???

Comment

Did you get this thing running yet?
                              1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Working...
                              X