X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Header

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject

That said

I was under my 99 XJ, 2 wheel Drive, just checking things out and noticed there was a baseball sized bend where the headers join into one peice. The bend is just after where they join. Havnt really noticed a change in the way it drives.

Is this something to be really concerned about? Possibly not letting enough exhaust out, something like that?? :confused:

I am guessing that something from the road jumped up and hit it.

Sorry, dont have a pic right now.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

believe it or not, that dent's supposed to be there. it's to give the front driveshaft u-joint clearance on full stuff. since yours is 2WD, it just looks out of place

Comment

My wifes '99 has the same ding in it, the way the factory flattens it, it almost looks like it was by accident! You can get an aftermarket pipe that's round and you'll get extra top end hp, but at least theoretically you'd lose some low end torque because of the drop in back pressure!
      Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Well, thats good to know, it really does look like it was done by accident or by a rock, a smooth rock.
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Working...
        X