Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep took a poop !

On my way to Havasu this weekend my jeep ran like crap after I filled up in Vital Junction. I had no choice since I was already on fumes across the desert sweating to death. Anyways after I filled up the Jeep sounded like it was on 3 cylinders then the oil pressure dropped. Pulled over and had plenty of oil. So I drove it in the rest of the way to Havasu. Put some Sta-bil and a gallon of 100 octane in it incase i got some bad gas, but that did not work. Left it for a few days, picked it back up and parked it in an assigned spot on the island outside my buddys resort. Got towed, but was released after a few hours with no charge to me. Wheeewwww, so we got a trailer, towed it back to the Hemet dealership today. They said I might have a hundred dollar deductible to use my power train warranty. that sound familiar to anyone ? I am still way under my warranty. Or anybody have a clue what might be wrong ? Hopefully I will find out tomorow.........

First, I'd re read your warranty, I've seen deductables on used car warranties, but not on a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by shortbus
      First, I'd re read your warranty, I've seen deductables on used car warranties, but not on a new one.

New car problems SUCK. I'm with shortbus, I've never heard of a deductible on the original warranty. Unless you commute in that thing, you should still be under the 3 yr/36,000 bumper to bumper. my :2:
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Just talked to the dealer, first thing he asked was if I was sitting down. Great ! Says underneath, the oil pan bent up smashing the tube that the oil goes up into the engine resulting in lots of scoring on the cylinder walls and a #2 miss fire. All in all says i need a new block !! Approx $4400.

OUCH, any ideas ?

Comment

Smashed in oil pan?

What did you hit?
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Did you hit something on the freeway? If so, turn it in to your insurance company, I assume you have full coverage, as it's a new vehicle, being financed. They should cover the damage, but you will have a deductable after all.

Comment

I do have full covrage and beyond. I think for now I am just going to bring her home, replace the oil pan, the tube down there, new plugs and fresh oil and see what it does.......i dont see a reason to need a new block yet from some scratches, but if that doesnt work I thought about just taking it to get the engine bored or something.

Comment

$$$$4400.00....WOW I coulda had a V8
                1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

What did the oil pressure gauge say?
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Did they even have the head off or test compression? The more I ponder it, the more it sounds like a cookie cutter diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
                      Just talked to the dealer, first thing he asked was if I was sitting down. Great ! Says underneath, the oil pan bent up smashing the tube that the oil goes up into the engine resulting in lots of scoring on the cylinder walls and a #2 miss fire. All in all says i need a new block !! Approx $4400.

OUCH, any ideas ?
                      So they're saying you have to pay for it because you caused the damage?
                      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Yes they said the warranty does not cover it. They did a compression test also, he said it was 50#'s ? I am on my way to go get her right now.

Comment

If worse comes to worse, you can get a long block for around $1200, good luck.

Comment

try e-bay. I got a good deal on a used 4.0. shipped for $500 w/ 50k miles. It will be more for a lower miles engine, but still cheaper then the dealer.
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I had a brand-new 4.0 ATK short block w/5yr-50K warranty installed last year in the old lady's 1996 Cherokee for $3000 .
                              I would shop around for a better deal, unless the insurance picks up the tab after you pay the deductable.

Comment

Working...
                              X