Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain and my engine

I got a problem with rain. After a rain I'll start up my jeep, and it starts fine, however when I accelerate or try to accelerate that is, the engine makes a sound like little pops, and runs real rough. This only seems to happen at lower rpms and in the lower gears. Usually after 4th gear the engine will be running normal, and a few miles down the road the problem will be nonexistent. Any help with this would be great, i was thinking water was getting into something through the air intake, but really i have no clue about what really is going on haha. thanks

Sounds like something is affected by the moisture. I would do a tune up and change the plugs, cap and wires. Check and clean the connections at the ignition module, coil and engine computer. A little dielectric compound on those connections will help keep moisture out.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Most likely the distributor is getting wet... That's why once it gets hot and dries out everything works great. Like Davisrats says, start with those items.
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
        Most likely the distributor is getting wet... That's why once it gets hot and dries out everything works great. Like Davisrats says, start with those items.
        And if thats the case, spray some WD-40 inside the cap to displace the water.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

All is good

yeah i changed the cap, wires and plugs and now its running just fine. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X