Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim Question

Iam getting the 33x1250 BFG mud terrains do i need a 8 or 10 for my rim width ?

You'd be best off with 10 inch wide wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by SodyClack
      Iam getting the 33x1250 BFG mud terrains do i need a 8 or 10 for my rim width ?
      As with most things, there's some debate here. The things I hear the most are:

Some people prefer 8" rims because they claim that the bead is more likely to remain on the rim at low pressure.

Others prefer a 10" rim because they think the tire retains a better shape, keeping more tread in contact with the ground.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

listen to everything everyone has to say then go with what you think makes the most sense. If you still can not decide, flip a coin. The 8" vs 10" rim is another one of those great debates.

If it helps, I run 15x8 but when I go to 35s will probably go with 16x10.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

listen to everything everyone has to say then go with what you think makes the most sense. If you still can not decide, flip a coin. The 8" vs 10" rim is another one of those great debates.

If it helps, I run 15x8 but when I go to 35s will probably go with 16x10.
          Well put...
          Scott Poliseno
          www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Thanks, i think iam goin with 10 .

Comment

Well put indeed, but I dont know anyone that runs 10" wheels. I run 15x8's on 33x12.5's I will run the same with my 35's
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Ran my 33x12.50's on 8" rims - always. Running my 35x12.50's on 8" rims. A LOT harder to debead, period. Desert racers regularly run 33x12.50's on 7" rims, for just that reason.

IF I ever decide to run beadlocks, I might go up in rim width, as it (as stated above) alows a flatter profile across the tread. Real world - I don't drive the YJ to work (110 mile round trip commute is much more fun in the Boxster) - so I run 28 psi on the way to/from thr trails, and live with the slightly faster wear.
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

iam gunna go with a 8 iam pretty sure

Comment

Working...
                  X