Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade 4 CJ dana44 or 9inch ?

I want to get rid of my AMC 20 in my CJ-7 thinking of a dana 44 or a ford 9 inch. Any recommendations on axles and/or shops in the south bay, oc or riverside corona areas. I already plan on talking to Currie and Dynatrac.
    Any other shops? Any pros or cons on either axle?

I'd go HP 9" light really strong, and i mean really strong (think circle track etc) check out Currie Enterprises in Anaheim, they'll build exactly what you want I think there website has a price calculator, where you can add disc brakes lockers and the likes . If you want to go Dana 44 they can do that too... :2:
    Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

If you are going to spend the coin go with a Currie 9". I don't know if you want the HP in a rear or not. That is a personal choice as both sides of the HP Rear axles are very vocal
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Would it be better and/or cheaper to find a junkyard 9inch and have currie cut it to fit or buy new. I know its better to get a hold of a big bearing housing and I have the specs at home. What about a D44 out of a fullsize cut down to fit? Good idea or not? On either axle I want to do a Warn full floater kit. Pros and cons? I plan on building the dana 30 and installing 30 spline axles. So I want to stay same width in rear and same 5on5.5 wheels in rear

Comment

Lots and lots of options, how much do you want to spend? Scout dana 44s.
          one piece axles for the AMC20? The 20 is a good axle.
          1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I already have 1 piece axles,detroit locker and 4.10s in my 20 but I've been told the housings are weak. My housing is seeping oil where the tube goes in the center housing.

Comment

Leaking how bad? Weld it.
              1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Weld it and truss it. If you already bought all that junk, I'd wait until it grenaded if it was me.
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                X