Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIGHT all you people that know every aspect of jeeps.. heres your test

tell me... why whenever i put the pinion gear in and load the spicer on it and torque it... it wont tighten all the way with the crush sleeve in.. BUT IT WILL WITH THE CRUSH SLEEVE OFF!... doesnt make any sense when im lookin at it... maybe i need a fresh mind or somethin cuz im trippin out

EVERYTHING IS PERFECT TOO!!... dam crush sleeve

anything missing from this picture??

I thought you were selling your Jeep, and now you're tearing the axle down and don't know how to do it? That really ups the resale.

Originally posted by TxJeepTJ
    anything missing in this picture??
    Coupla springs, an axle, and a clue?

First of all, please title the post so it doesn't sound like a circus act trick if you expect a serious answer to a serious question.

Second, please clarify your question - does the nut not get tight as you suggest
    it wont tighten all the way with the crush sleeve in
    Or is the problem that the crush sleeve does not "crush" with it in the housing? Are you capable of measuring the pinion depth to see if you are even close? (i.e., do you have a pinion depth gauge, or are you starting from scratch on a trial and error mission?) What exactly are you trying to do? Is this a new set of gears?

rick

deet deet deedle deedle dee dee (circus music playing in this thread)
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick

rick

deet deet deedle deedle dee dee (circus music playing in this thread)
      lets seeee.. wwhen i put the pinion gear into the axle WITH the crush sleeve on it, and put the spicer on the other end, put the bolt on, tighten it... it wont tighten all the way to where everything is snug, and when i take everything off again i see that the crush sleeve wasnt even touched...its suppose to be all snug, still being able to turn freely, and the crush sleeve is suppose to be crushed.. RIGHT NOW its not gettin snug and the crush sleeve isnt gettin crushed and i cant find out wat the hell is going on...

(thanks for pointing out everything you thing is wrong in my thread everyone cant be perfect!! )

Comment

when you say the "spicer" you mean the yoke, correct?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

dude.. are you kidding?
          do you have any idea at all what you are doing inside that differential?
          do you have the proper tools to do the job you are attempting?
          you are scaring me now.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by TxJeepTJ
            All isnt totally lost, there is a box for a magnetic base in the back ground, maybe that means something.
            :confused:
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
              dude.. are you kidding?
              do you have any idea at all what you are doing inside that differential?
              do you have the proper tools to do the job you are attempting?
              you are scaring me now.
              i know whats going on inside that differential... i have all the proper tools.. ive already re-geared the back, and ive also re-geared a camaro... stfu why are you acting like you know my level of skills..

i guess idk wat im doing still even tho ive done it 2 times before

p.s. i found out the problem soo yea... if your a admin. delete this thread

Comment

What was the problem?
                Last edited by sarah; 03-10-05, 03:37 PM.
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

10 Dot T error.......
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

p.s. i found out the problem soo yea... if your a admin. delete this thread
                    Just to clarify here, this forum isn't about deleting threads after you find the problem. It's about sharing information and leaving a tip or two for the next person that comes along with the same issue.

What don't you take a few minutes and look at other threads around here. People dont' tell each other to stfu, they post with an open mind and don't create a circus act like Rick had mentioned earlier. If you don't want to hear opinions, or immature remarks, approach the thread with a little bit of respect for the users here ... everyone is really here to help and shed some light on your project.

TY!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

LMAO.... 10 DOT T error all the way...
                      Scott Poliseno
                      www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Working...
                      X