Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny help

I have a 98 Wrangler Sport. I bought it 2 weeks ago and the tranny just went out in it. It has right at 85k miles on it. Is this a common issue with Jeeps? I have been looking around and the cheapest I can find a rebuilt one for is right at 1k. Does anyone know where I could possibly find one cheaper? A friend is going to swap it out so that will not be an issue. I have found some at salvage yards for $400-600 range but if it is a common issue I don't want to risk purchasing a used one not being rebuilt. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I would look for a used one in the classifieds and then rebuild it. You might find something cheaper that needs rebuilding by going this route, and at least you know what you've got when you're done.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I had the same problem

Dude, Exact same thing happened to me at 85,000km's and it happened 2 weeks after I bought it. So you got more milage out of yours. I'm currently trying to find a rebuild kit for the NVG 3550 in my 2000 model jeep. They were suppose to be stronger, crap! Anyhow, What the ____!

Brad :mad:

Comment

Working...
      X