Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing help

I'm getting ready to upgrade to new ARB lockers f/b on my 01 jeep with Auto tran but still don't know which gear size I should drop in I have 3.73
    now on 33" tires so my question is:

should I put 4.10 or 4.56 on a 3 speed auto tranny with D30 front, d44 rear

Thanks for any opinion
    Last edited by 6Spyder; 03-05-05, 09:47 AM.
    01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
    4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
    SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

I use a manual tranny, but for the 33's I have on my jeep, the 4.10s are not deep enough (even with the 4:1 t-case). Automatics are a little more forgiving when it comes to gearing though.....

It really depends on what you do with your jeep. If you spend alot of time on the freeway, the 4.10's are nice for fuel economy, particularly with the automatic. But if you don't spend much time there, 4.56's will give you more control off road (at the expense of fuel economy and top speed). Also look down the road....are 35's in your future? Even if you do the labor yourself, component costs add up if you have to do something more than once.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I have a CJ with 33 and 3.73. I plan on regearing with 4.27, kind-of a trade off

Ron
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I have 33" and 4.56 but a 5spd in my 98 TJ. A bit of warning, my gas mileage sucks now but I love the power of the 4.56s.

If you plan on going to 35s like goodtimes mentioned, then I would go with the 4.56.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
          I have 33" and 4.56 but a 5spd in my 98 TJ. A bit of warning, my gas mileage sucks now but I love the power of the 4.56s.

If you plan on going to 35s like goodtimes mentioned, then I would go with the 4.56.
          I thinking 4.56s to But just to think my gas mileage sucks now with 3.73 in
          I get about 200 miles to the tank in the city but of course it pays to play thanks of the info I wish I had overdrive
          01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
          4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
          SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Comment

I have an Auto/4.88's/33's and Love it, on the rocks. On the freeway, it sucks.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
            X