Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive line questions

Hey all,
    Here is what i got. 2000 yj with a Pro Comp 4" lift 33" tires. Now here is the problem. I got a little vib when i get on the gas and it seems to me like it is comming from the drive line. I want to get new ones anyways. Does anyone have a sujestion? I want to get rid of those crappy spacers on the skid plate when i do this and possibly one of those new skid plates as well. Any help or thought would be welcomed.

Does the vibe only happen during accleration?

Driveline vibe is usually (if not always since we are not talking death wobble) caused by bad pinion angles. If you have adjustable control arms the front is very easy to set (CV shafts should be point directly at the drive shaft). The rear (asuming stock TJ and not rubicon) is a bit different. The output of the pinion should be parallel to the output of the transfer case.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I'm assuming you still have the factory rear driveshaft and slip yoke? This is most likely the problem. You need a slip yoke eliminator and a CV driveshaft.
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
        I'm assuming you still have the factory rear driveshaft and slip yoke? This is most likely the problem. You need a slip yoke eliminator and a CV driveshaft.
        Seconded!

Also 4 degree shims for the rear axle spring perches. You want the U/J to be essentially straight and all the angle in the CV joint.

Oh yeah, make sure the shims are steel.
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I got the arms ajusted as far as they will go. Yes they are the stock drive shafts. I will look around and find out what angle the shaft is vs the rearend. they said you dont need shims with a por comp lift but im begining to think otherwise. I got the lift instaled at a 4x4 shop in Houston TX. Thanks for the help i hope to have pictures for you soon.

Comment

Um, I guess I was confused by your Jeep Model: 2000 YJ? I looked at the year and assumed this is a TJ we're talking about...
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I think my finger cant reach that "T" so well i noticed on my profile as well. Good catch. That and i really cant type so well.

Comment

Working...
              X