Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Locker air leak?

Finally got the D44 rear swapped in satruday. That was 10x more work than I thought! Actually the axtle swap was fairly straight forward. Most problems seemed to arise from the Teraflex Rear Disc kit.

On Sunday I got around to running the air line for the ARB. Everything works but about 5 seconds after engaging the locker the air compressor kicks in and stays on.

Is this normal?

I do not hear any leaks but I have not removed the diff cover yet to listen inside of there. I am using the little ARB air compressor until I get around to doing a York.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere, that is not normal.

What was the problem you had with the Disc Kit? I have one sitting on the floor waiting for a slightly warmer day to install, so would be interested in hearing what problems you ran into.
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

put your finger on the breather on the differential that leaks.
      that is a bummer. was the arb professionally installed?
      sounds like an internal o ring if there are no leaks on the outside lines.
      good luck on that one!
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Kiwi: The only problem with the disc kit was the instructions not being very clear. It was one of the last things we did so brains were not working on all 6 cyclinders. The part that got us was reusing the studs on the axle flange. We thought the kit called for the bolts going where the axle flange studs were. The other break problem was stripping a fitting on the brake line and running all over town trying to find a new one.

Erik: define professional? I paid some one to install it. Nice tip for checking pressure on the breather vent.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

OK, thanks, nothing really major then
          [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

Check for air leaks at the compressor (assuming you are using the ARB compressor). I have heard of a few people having them leak right at the outlet....something needs to be tightened, but don't remember all the specifics (I don't have ARB's, so I wasn't paying that much attention). Something about leaking around a o-ring...just gotta tighten.......*something*....
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I wish it was at the compressor At first it did leak there right at the push fitting but was easy to spot and fix.

I will be tearing everything down tonight and find out whats leaking. Was hoping to have everything ready by saturday (going to pull an all nighter friday swapping in the new front) to go for a test ride with some fridays.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
              X