Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission gone bad?

CRIKEY! i think my trans is taking a crap! now when i shift into 5th gear it makes an unpleasant grinding noise while decelerating. acelerating is ok, but when i let off of the gas, it makes an awful noise!
    uggh...
    1-4 gears are normal. 3rd gear has always had a very mild sinchronizer problem, but nothing out of the norm.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

5th gear = not needed for wheelin.

lol

:shades:
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

i was thinking the same thing, but it is on the same "whatever" as third.. i dont know the technical name for it. lol
      well, anyway, i guess i'll be doing a lot of work on the jeep
      i may as well do the clutch while i have the transmission out of there. i also have the warn hub conversion, and the agr steering pump to do... anyone want to play?
      from what i've heard it isnt too hard to fix this fifth gear problem, so i think i'll replace it and fix this one to sell or for a spare... who knows. i'd like to get a look inside anyway
      i'm thinking 30 days.... i'll be rolling again. maybe less. this will be my first transmission, and first clutch job. oh... my first warn conversion too ...
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
      X