Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid t case

ok so i installed a SYE in my car and and when i wnet to test to see if it went in all gears she wont go inot 2HI, i have 4HI and 4LO, but it acts like 2HI is not even there.

ok so itake it to a jeep mechanic guy and he says that my shift selector is crapped out and and that the threads that hold that square looking piece outside of the Tcase are sheared and that i would need to change the entire thing, therefore removing the tcase again opening it and change it, total cost $650

is this info correct, can someone give me reccomendations on where i can get this fixed, i REALLY dont want to do this on my own at all.

any help?
    Carlos

92 YJ
    GO VEGAN!
    volunteer at your local food shelter!

Have you tried to readjust the linkage????? Jeep mechanic, sounds like the dealer???? Stay away.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

yeah tried to readjust it, the little holder doesnt want to stay on, no they are some place that specializes on jeeps

http://4wd.com/shop/productdetail.as...uctsku=4329526

its number 20, 22, 23, all that are supposedly needs to be replaced, i have heard of the terra 2LO, but i dont that much bout it
      Carlos

92 YJ
      GO VEGAN!

Comment

The little holder???? Do you need to lenghten the shift rod????

Comment

im sorry what i mean is the piece that connects the shift linkage to the outside part of the shift selector, on the link i put its between all the area that i mentioned.it has a square entrance into it, and it wont stay on the not that is sheared it was keeps it from popping out
          Carlos

92 YJ
          GO VEGAN!

Comment

Originally posted by ersatz
            im sorry what i mean is the piece that connects the shift linkage to the outside part of the shift selector, on the link i put its between all the area that i mentioned.it has a square entrance into it, and it wont stay on the not that is sheared it was keeps it from popping out
            Read your post. I can't understand what you are trying to say.

Comment

i dont even know how i want to explain it, to be honest with you. basically i need to switch the shift selector, make the shoulder fitting that attaches the shift linkage to the shift slector fit on, and pray that everything works out
              Carlos

92 YJ
              GO VEGAN!

Comment

You can make the shift rod longer to have everything fit. Mine is extende about 5-6" to work with my set up.

Comment

Based on what I read you stripped the threads in the bolt hole? Just drill them out and use a helicoil, or tap it and use a larger bolt.
                  Just doing a SYE I can't understand why that part comes in to play at all though. Sounds more like the issue is inside the case.
                  I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
                    Based on what I read you stripped the threads in the bolt hole? Just drill them out and use a helicoil, or tap it and use a larger bolt.
                    Just doing a SYE I can't understand why that part comes in to play at all though. Sounds more like the issue is inside the case.
                    luckily i spoke to mrblaine he said i most likely put this backwards the mode sleeve .its funny cuz i remeber not being sure which way it went 2nd picture
                    http://www.stu-offroad.com/round2/Round2-7.htm
                    hey igofshn what i meant was that fitting in picture number 4 was not sitting properly and the bolt that holds that down was stripped
                    Carlos

92 YJ
                    GO VEGAN!

Comment

Working...
                    X