Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gears and Lockers

Okay gang, I just got my new gears and lockers installed-D30 Quick Lok w/4.56 and Superior Super 35 w/Detroit w/4.56. I could feel a big difference from the 3.07's (pulling 33" M/T's). Can't wait to see how they perform off road. I originally ordered a LocRight up front, but they installed a Quick Lok. Don't know if I'll make an issue of it. Any opinions on the difference between the two are welcome.
    1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

make them give you the lock right. the quick loc is an inferior product. it does not have nearly as good a warranty either.
    congratulations on the gears though!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks, I didn't do any research on the quick lok when I considered a front locker so I'm not up on the pros and cons of it. On the way home I saw the Quick Lok sticker sitting on the passenger seat. I figured if it was Detroit it would be okay and a lunchbox is a lunchbox is a lunchbox. Thanks again for the input.

Comment

you would think so, but that is not the case.
        the lock right is much better.
        ERIK

Comment

2 Year Manufacturers Warranty.
          on the lock right.

i cant seem to find the quick loc or lok locker. is it the detroit? those are known as the ez locker.
          :confused:
          ERIK

Comment

I believe the Quick-loc is the Genuine Gear version of the lockright
            [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

Your right Kiwi, but the feed back I'm getting is that the Quick Lok has its problems and the LocRight is far superior, so I'll get this problem fixed in one form or another.

Comment

I have no personal experience with either, but have heard similar things that you are indicating. Sorry, I'm really being no help at all
                [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

Be careful with the locked D35. Its not the strongest diff. in the world. Carry spares!

I agree with Nailer, they should have given you want you paid for.
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

just upgraded my gears and diffs as well. I'm running 35's so I went to 4.88's. I would think that the 4.56's with 33's would be a killer set up as well.

As other's have said, I'd be a bit concerned with locking your rear D35 and the front D30.

My jeep is my daily driver, so I upgraded my rear axle to a D44 with the super kit. I also got selectable lockers, which I thought would be better for daily driving, snow, and driving in the rain.

Best,

Flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Thanks for the responces. I did a lot of debating on the super 35 and decided to go with it because I don't plan to get on it to hard (subjective) and it's not a daily driver and it fit my needs for the time being. If I do break it.....I'll be prepared for the "I tried to warn you" that will be thrown at me...

Comment

Working...
                      X