Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ie 6

I'm going to have to replace my tired 1e 6 engine probaly within the next six months or so, I have over two hundred miles on the orginal. I would like to have it balanced and blue printed, also I would like to have it beefed-up. Does anyone know of an online shop that will work with me and have it sent out by frieght. I have found kits but I'm not sure I'm capable to do it myself. I would only be willing to pull my old one out and put the new one in.
    thanks for any info,
    Dave

boiler room

I have been looking for engine builders, here's one outfit I found on the web...

http://www.rebuilt-jeep-engines.com/index.html

Chris L.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Thanks for the Link aston,

It looks better then anything else I have found online. Also they are willing to work with me on extra's. I think I found my vendor.
      Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Excellent! Glad I could help. Let me know how it goes, thanks for being a ginnea pig.

What extras? Any of the you-can-never-have-enough-torque variety?
        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

My friend and I were talking about this at work. I was wanting a new motor for my jeep cause I feel mine will let me down like so many times before. I guess I am dissapointed that a motor with 64,000 would have so many problems. I was going to go with a new I-6, but am not too happy with them. So when I move Back to Cheyenne in 2 years in goes the 350. Good thing about Wyoming is no smog.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
            So when I move Back to Cheyenne
            :hijack: You Dog I want to go
            [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
            In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by aston
              I have been looking for engine builders, here's one outfit I found on the web...

http://www.rebuilt-jeep-engines.com/index.html

Chris L.
              Looks like a good shop. The major auto part stores sell replacement engines. the catch is the warranty. The part stores due not stand behind the warranty, they refer you to the engine builder themsevles. Thats where the labor rate comes into play. You have to go to a certifed auto shop for repairs. Not tring to scare you, I just want you to have the facts up front. I know alot of people that have bought from the major part stores and have had problems. I always tell them to try the local shops. We have shop good ones and bad ones you just have to ask around your area. Ask the autoshops where they get thier engines from ect.
              [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
              In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
                Looks like a good shop. The major auto part stores sell replacement engines. the catch is the warranty. The part stores due not stand behind the warranty, they refer you to the engine builder themsevles. Thats where the labor rate comes into play. You have to go to a certifed auto shop for repairs. Not tring to scare you, I just want you to have the facts up front. I know alot of people that have bought from the major part stores and have had problems. I always tell them to try the local shops. We have shop good ones and bad ones you just have to ask around your area. Ask the autoshops where they get thier engines from ect.

i bought a jeep with a rebuilt motor from a big parts shop and it is garbage. In less than 100 miles(prob around 50 or so) all the bolts from the flywheel were shorn off, and those are a pain to fix...a big pain.
                B R E T T
                87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

http://www.golenengineservice.com/

goto engines/jeep-offroad/then start drooling
                  1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

smog

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                    My friend and I were talking about this at work. I was wanting a new motor for my jeep cause I feel mine will let me down like so many times before. I guess I am dissapointed that a motor with 64,000 would have so many problems. I was going to go with a new I-6, but am not too happy with them. So when I move Back to Cheyenne in 2 years in goes the 350. Good thing about Wyoming is no smog.
                    and when you move to wyoming we can wheel together. i am always down there.and we dont have smog up here in montana eithier. but the better wheeling is in the western part.
                    Jim
                    ../l ,[____],
                    l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
                    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

Working...
                    X