Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 Cherokee Dana 44 ?

I have been searching the web for some info on a Dana 44 out of a 1975 Cherokee dana 44. I'm not sure if its a 30 spline axle or 19. I found one cheap! It has the 6 bolt pattern. Changing the bolt pattern to 5 on 5.5 to to match my jeep shouldn't be a problem. Does anybody have any Info on this rearend? Or should I just forget about it and narrow my ford 9". :confused:
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

If I'm not mistaken, I think some of these rearends didnt have centered pumkins. I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure. You may want to check on that.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Dana 44

I have a scout 44 4.56 w/full spool, 5x5.5 but i'm in Utah... 30 spline
      1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

The Dana 44 was standard in Wagoneers, full size Cherokees, and J series pickups. A wide track version was introduced for the Cherokee and Wagoneer in the 80s. The Cherokees and Wagoneers built from 1974 on use a 6 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. Models built before 1974 used a 5 on 5.5" wheel bolt pattern. Most rear ends before '74 use the weaker 2 piece shafts, but some of the later ones uses 1 piece shafts. The early Wagoneer and Cherokees used Dana 30 and Dana 27 front ends.
        Dana 44/SJ Narrow Track '62-'81
        spring pad distance N/A
        wheel-wheel distance 59"

From JeepTech Wikipedia

Wiki's are soo cool...

They used 30 spline axles.

From JJournal.net
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I know where aD44 from a 1987 XJ is. It is availble for around $200 or less.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
            I know where aD44 from a 1987 XJ is. It is availble for around $200 or less.

I need me one of them
            B R E T T
            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I'm about 3 hours south of you. If you want it let me know. I'll get it held at the junk yard. I got the front HP30 from it already.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
              X