Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game on!

Saturday I'm sliding the V6 in to the YJ. Wonder how long till I get to drive it again....
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Which V-6 are you putting in?? The 4.3?? Went wheeling with a guy in a built S-10 (yeah, yeah, I'll tell you about it in a minute). Anyhow, he had the 4.3L in it, and the thing just purred, went wherever he wanted it to. Good power.

So anyhow, about this S-10, I know it's a Jeep forum, but this thing was impressive. S-10 Extended Cab, 4.3L, SM465, NP208, with FJ40 High Pinion Axles, Locked Front & Rear, sitting on 36" Swampers. Nice rig, good guy.

So do you have all of the neccessary pieces for the swap?? Did you think it all through??

Good Luck!! Post some pics as you go.

Comment

Yeah, it's the 4.3L
      Backing it with the 4L60E that came with it, and a Bronco D20 t-case that's getting rebuilt right now.
      I've pretty much got all the stuff I need. A little fab work to make a tranny mount, some cutting and welding. Then the fun stuff starts, plumbing and wiring.

Comment

Almost forgot. Anybody that's local who wants to swing by and spin a few wrenches is welcome to. We'll be doing the work at the Coast Guard base on the island between San Pedro and Long Beach, but can get anyone on base that wants to come.

Comment

Well the engine is in.
          Only took 2 times to get the motor mounts right. The AA adapter for the t-case was drilled to clock the D20 up, and I need to machine it a little. Also the cross member we built is bending slightly so it's getting a piece of 1/4" welded across the bottom of it to stiffen it up.

Comment

Right on man, keep us posted. Did you take any pics? Post em if ya got em!
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I'm not really much of a picture taker. Doing projects, wheeling, whatever... I just don't take many.
              The wife did swing by with some dinner and I think she brought the digital camera with her so I'll check it tonight. Wanted to shoot some pics of the cross member and t-case clearance anyway.

Comment

Exhaust?

Did you get the engine mounted? Mine has been in for a few weeks and I am just getting back to the rebuild after moving. (if you think movig a household is fun, try a garage full of pieces/parts)

Got a question for you, any thoughts on the exhaust you will use? I have a set of Heddman Headers for a 4.3L Blazer. I mocked them up tonight, and just my luck, the drvrs side hits right where the clutch cylinder goes, and the p-side will be in the way of the front drive shaft. Iv'e been surfing around, and checking out the major parts spots. Everyone has something for a bow-tie v8, but nothing for the vortec v6.
                JeepDoc & his monster

Comment

I got the stock exhaust with it, all the way back past the cat. I'll try them first, might find time to test fit them next week.

Comment

Working...
                  X