X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul's locker install?

So how did it go man?
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Hey, thanks for asking! A walk in the park , right?. Yeah, after calling you, Jim, Robert and everyone elses mother. But as far as I can tell it went smoothly once I was sure about the thrust washers and the c-clip ( it stays out). Just gotta find some dirt to test it. I got off work yesterday morning from graveyard, got on it (day 2) and did'nt stop 'til I was done. Great feeling fixing my own rig.
    P.S. Nice avatar :tongue:
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

sounds like a lockright or similar install in the 30, eh?
      the c clip is a big question on that one i went through the same thing with my lock right locker inttall...
      you'll like having the locker up there though
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yeah, lock-rite in the D30. I just found some dirt to try it out in and it felt like it was engaging. I turned the wheels and it felt like it wanted to go straight a little. I need to climb some real stuff soon to really check it out.

Comment

I'm doing my dana 30 tomorrow. (I would go Lemoore to have Al help but don't trust my heap to make it) Anyways, what is this C clip? I mean is it something I should leave out? Any tips are great to avoid headaches.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
            I'm doing my dana 30 tomorrow. (I would go Lemoore to have Al help but don't trust my heap to make it) Anyways, what is this C clip? I mean is it something I should leave out? Any tips are great to avoid headaches.
            Mine's an 88 and there's a c-clip holding the center driveshaft to the spider gears which I was told to leave out. The directions were'nt clear about the D30 with the vacuum disconect. I'm not sure about the specifics on your axle, a 98 right?

Comment

You don't have a c clip. Pull the axles then remove the carrier. It is pretty easy.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                Mine's an 88 and there's a c-clip holding the center driveshaft to the spider gears which I was told to leave out. The directions were'nt clear about the D30 with the vacuum disconect. I'm not sure about the specifics on your axle, a 98 right?
                the 30's with the vacuum disconnect have this c clip. i had it in both my 88, and 95.
                it is a pretty easy installation, really.
                the drift pin can be difficult to remove, and leave the c clip out. those are my 2 tips
                here is a LINK FOR INSTALLATION IN THE 30
                if you have 3.73 or lower gears, i dont think you have to remove the ring gear.
                if you do have to remove the ring, be sure to clean out the bolt holes very well, pick out old lock tite, de grease w/ brake cleaner, and re lock tite the bolts in there.
                torque to spec.

be sure to mark the bearing caps so that they go back exactly as they were removed.

this first one will take a few hours.. after that, you'll be able to do one of these in about an hour or so.. with adequate tools
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for all the tips. I'll let ya all know how it turns out. Off to the garage!
                  [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Well that was easy! You were right, only took a few hours. That included a trip to autozone for the 12 point wrench and a trip to home depot for a vise. I love when you do mods and have to add to the tool collection. Now to take it out in the desert and try it out.
                    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                      Yeah, lock-rite in the D30. I just found some dirt to try it out in and it felt like it was engaging. I turned the wheels and it felt like it wanted to go straight a little. I need to climb some real stuff soon to really check it out.
                      Miller here we come!

B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
                      X