Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 4 Cyl

I need some help!!!!! The Engine in my 1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ makes the whole vehicle vibrate after it warms up.... The compression is low, in the engine.... Anyone who can help, would be helpful?

you say the compression is low is it even in all four cylenders? my brand new jeep with 4700 miles does this but was cause of bad gas got some good and it cleared up. dont know just a thought
    im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
    4 inch rough country lift
    35x12.5LT16's
    super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

Fuel Filter maybe?

Could be a clogged fuel filter - located along the frame rail, on the driver's side near the rear wheel.

Originally posted by proudjeepowner
      I need some help!!!!! The Engine in my 1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ makes the whole vehicle vibrate after it warms up.... The compression is low, in the engine.... Anyone who can help, would be helpful?

Comment

Make sure the exhaust system is not bent or broken. If you hit a rock and bent the exhaust up against the oil pay or clutch "bell housing" area it will vibrate like you are describing.
        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Does your engine had a clutch fan? If so check for a broke blade on the fan.

If that does work pull the spark plugs and look at the color and condition of the plugs. This will tell you what cylinders are do all the work.
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

If your jeep ever starts to act all crazy once you hit a high rpm like 3,000rpm... theres mud in your gas tank, somehow 2 TIMES after i went off road there was about an inch of mud in my gas tank on the bottom.. wtf

Comment

i have a 94 wrangler and its making a clicking noise in the front bottom part of motor sometimes it does it and sometimes it dont i was thinking it might be the water pump or the harmonic balancer does anybody have avy ideas

Comment

A clicking that comes and goes sounds like a sticking lifter, but that's not usually at the bottom of the engine. I'd say change the oil & look for metal bits [hopefully none} and when putting in the new oil hit it with a reputable engine treatment (STP, Porolong, etc.). See if the noise clears up. If it clears, it was probably a stuck lifter. If it doesn't clear, its time for professional help
                It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                X