Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cut out on freeway.... wierd!

So I am going down the freeway doing about 70 and my engine chugged for a second and then was fine. It did this randomly for the drive if I was @ 70. But if I cruise @ 55. no chug. It's like the fuel cuts out and then comes back. Shouldn't be the fuel pump that thing is only a month old. Also could the fact that I have 33's and no new speedo gear be screwing the computer up? :confused:

Maybe I should throw a 350 in there eh? Hows aboot that?
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

When was the last time you changed fuel filter?
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

The filters are on the pump itself which I changed a month ago. Oh yeah in the investigation process I found a hose cracked that went from the tank to the some lines that looked like it went to the brake mast cylinder. Anyone have an idea what what's all about?
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

i had a similar problem with my yj... it turned out to be a set of wires had fallen onto the exhaust pipe. when the wires got hot enough, the coupler would liquify, and make the jeep sputter, and lose power. a minute later, when it hardened again... it would run fine.
        i went through this all the way home from the rubicon to lakewood.
        it was a very looong ride.
        there is something else for you to look for.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Do you carry a spare CPS? Might want to start (should already be in your spares box anyway)
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I will have to check some wires this weekend. I changed out the CPS about 5 months ago. Wonder if it went bad already. I'll throw both those on my things to check. Thanks for the info
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

CPS shouldn't go bad again for quite some time. Don't know on the TJ's - but I do know late model YJ 4.0's have a problem with eating coils. I carry a spare
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
              X