Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburator

[FONT=Georgia]I have a 72 CJ5, Inline 6. I would like to swap out the carter two barrel carb that I have had nothing but troubles with. Has anyone heard of a new mod that I could go with ?[/FONT]

I live in California and have to meet smog requirments. But I i'm thinking about going with the weber carb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

I thought the Weber was'nt up to CA. smog standards?
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

[FONT=Georgia]I heard something about the MC2100 carb could be used..... I'm not sure though. My Jeep is over 30 years old and dosen't require any type of smog, I beleive that it's the same in every state.[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
          I thought the Weber was'nt up to CA. smog standards?
          It's not, I forgot to metion that. Sorry! I just have to smog everyother year. But I'm tied of the junk I have now and can't afford FI. I would have to go back to the old for smog.
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by jeepin
            [FONT=Georgia]I heard something about the MC2100 carb could be used..... I'm not sure though. My Jeep is over 30 years old and dosen't require any type of smog, I beleive that it's the same in every state.[/FONT]
            :hijack:
            Just had to butt in and say that your avatar rocks! Oh yeah, and welcome to the board.
            Sorry.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Check this link out. It should be everything you need to know about the MC2100 Swap.
              Click Here

Dave

Comment

[FONT=Georgia]Thanks for all the great info............ I belive I should have enough to go on now.
                thanks again
                Jeepin[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                X