Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input/Output muffler size???

[COLOR=Gray]Anyone happen to know what the input and output diameter is on the TJ muffler with a 4.0? I want to get a flowmaster and I need to get my ducks in a row. [/COLOR]
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

2.25" I/O last time i checked

Comment

Sweet! Thanks.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
        [COLOR=Gray]Anyone happen to know what the input and output diameter is on the TJ muffler with a 4.0? I want to get a flowmaster and I need to get my ducks in a row. [/COLOR]
        Not sure of the in out size, but a good one to get is the 50 series, Im not sure if you heard mine on the last chance run when i met you, but I have a 50 series on mine, Not too loud, can barely here it going down the road but a nice deep throat to it..
        04TJ, 4.0 5spd
        4" rough country springs
        Nth degree arms upper and lower
        1" Currie MML/BL
        Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
        33"BFG MT's
        Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
          Not sure of the in out size, but a good one to get is the 50 series, Im not sure if you heard mine on the last chance run when i met you, but I have a 50 series on mine, Not too loud, can barely here it going down the road but a nice deep throat to it..
          Thanks for the info. I like the way yours sounded. I just order the 40 series deltaflow. Should be loud, just the way I like it! :thumbs_up
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

im thinking about getting a 40 series...whered you get ures and how much?
            B R E T T
            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
              im thinking about getting a 40 series...whered you get ures and how much?

I ordered from Flowmaster direct. They have a borchure in PDF form. It list all the veichles and then what mufflers work on those. Total price was $127.99 with shipping and tax.
              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

I ordered from Flowmaster direct. They have a borchure in PDF form. It list all the veichles and then what mufflers work on those. Total price was $127.99 with shipping and tax.
                I guess i didnt make out too bad, mine was $145 installed at the muffler shop, Ryan, If you need a good muffler shop in lancster, D&D are great people, 10th west between L and M
                04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                4" rough country springs
                1" Currie MML/BL
                33"BFG MT's
                Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
                  I guess i didnt make out too bad, mine was $145 installed at the muffler shop, Ryan, If you need a good muffler shop in lancster, D&D are great people, 10th west between L and M
                  Thanks for the info ED. I think I am gonna throw this one on though. I did the whole exhaust a while back from headers all the way back and the muffler seemed to be the easiest. The there's the thought of someone wrenching on my jeep.
                  [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Well only took an hour to swap mufflers out and I like it! Sounds deeper than what I had. I used to have more of a ricer sound. If anyone knows what 5150's jeep sounds like it really close to that. Seems to have a few more horses too.
                    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Well only took an hour to swap mufflers out and I like it! Sounds deeper than what I had. I used to have more of a ricer sound. If anyone knows what 5150's jeep sounds like it really close to that. Seems to have a few more horses too.
                      Well when we meet up again I will have to check out the sound, I was thinking back and forth between the 40 and 50 and decided on the 50 and am happy with it, It may have been a mental thing, but mine seemed to have a little more pep after putting it on..
                      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                      4" rough country springs
                      1" Currie MML/BL
                      33"BFG MT's
                      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

i got my super 40 from performance peddler on ebay and the total shipped was 77 shipped. Today day i decided to cut my exhaust off from the cat back....and WOW i loooovee the straight pipe sound....so sweet. so you people with the super 40, how does the sound compare to the straight pipe sound...i really love the straight pipe but i need some sort of muffler so id like a comparison. thanks guys
                        B R E T T

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                          i got my super 40 from performance peddler on ebay and the total shipped was 77 shipped. Today day i decided to cut my exhaust off from the cat back....and WOW i loooovee the straight pipe sound....so sweet. so you people with the super 40, how does the sound compare to the straight pipe sound...i really love the straight pipe but i need some sort of muffler so id like a comparison. thanks guys
                          Yeah I got screwed on the price. Summit would have even been cheaper. I don't know how my jeep would sound with a straight pipe but I love my 40. It almost sounds like it growls. A low mean growl. Really makes for a bad a$$ Jeep!
                          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Yeah I got screwed on the price. Summit would have even been cheaper. I don't know how my jeep would sound with a straight pipe but I love my 40. It almost sounds like it growls. A low mean growl. Really makes for a bad a$$ Jeep!

mmm alright then, im pretty sure ill like it. Does it drone at all? at like 2k RPMs the straight pipe has a slight drone at around 2k...
                            B R E T T

Comment

A guy i worked with had a cat then a straight pipe all the way out the back, the best example of what is sounded like was a john deere tractor
                              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                              4" rough country springs
                              1" Currie MML/BL
                              33"BFG MT's
                              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Working...
                              X