Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle problems

I have a 84 Cj-7 when I had new exhaust put on it I had my buddy cut the EGR valve off. It is Idling very irregularly back fires and won't stay running when you first start it and i have to crank on it for about a minute while pumping the gas when i start it after it has been sitting over night does anyone have some suggestions how I can get this thing to idle correctly??? Just a trail rig no somg testing.
    I Like Rocks

Did the problems start once the EGR was removed?
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

I don't know. I bought the jeep out of a junkyard the cat was already gone and the stock breather is not useable.
      I Like Rocks

Comment

Does it have a choke?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

yea it has an electric choke. when it warms up it will start to idle fine but kinda fast then it will drop real low like it is barly running it does drive fine though
          I Like Rocks

Comment

is the choke working properly? It soulds like a manual choke vehicle with a broke choke cable. My 69 Charger has an electric choke and I just fire it up and let it idle. Some of my friends cars have manual or no chokes and their cars dont idle for shit when they are cold.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

can I swap the electric choke for manual
              I Like Rocks

Comment

Working...
              X