Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluid

I bashed my tranny pan pretty good this weekend. I am going to replace it and I want to switch to synthetic fluid. What king do you guys recommend?

Jason
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Red Line

Red Line fluids have a great reputation. :yay:

redlineoil.com

MTL improved the shift of my 5-speed. That's hard for me to say 'cos I'm very sceptical of engineering solutions in a can.

Chris L.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

buy a deep pan for more fluid capacity. Get a tranny temp gage also. You can buy an extra drain plug and install it on the side of the pan and the temp sending unit will screw in the new drain hole.

{Drive shaft is being replaced}
      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

My driveshaft rubs like that too.

Thanx for the help!!!!!

Jason

Comment

If yours is the stock setup it should not rub at all. I have swapped in an automatic and that's the 5 speed shaft which is 2.5 " across so at max flex that shaft machines itself against one of the tranny pan bolts. I am having a newer one built out of 2" steel with thicker wall tubing.
          00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
          97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

It is stock and it does rub.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
              It is stock and it does rub.

Jason
              might be due to the superflex lift. I am sure that was not an issue when designing the rubi. Might want to think about getting a smaller diameter .120 wall shaft made. In the photo of mine above, the machined groove is 1/2 way through the shaft and is almost cut in half. That would suck very much if it happened out on the trail somewhere.
              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
                might be due to the superflex lift. I am sure that was not an issue when designing the rubi. Might want to think about getting a smaller diameter .120 wall shaft made. In the photo of mine above, the machined groove is 1/2 way through the shaft and is almost cut in half. That would suck very much if it happened out on the trail somewhere.
                I'm guessing its a trackbar issue.

As for the fluid: Make sure it is ATF+3 compatible or else your TF999 will explode, or something!
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                X