Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukes69
    Brett,
    If you have some junkyards around you, hit those up. You might get lucky and find an XJ with a D44.

there are 2 ALL jeep/amc yard around here....unfortunately they are usually aware of what they have and charge some outrageous price. i will keep my eyes out tho
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Down here in the High Desert I use www.Recycler.com for alot of good deals. Another source is www.newspaperlinks.com this list the online newspaper in the usa. find some towns around you and look in the want Ads. With the want Ads and recycler you can set up an E-mail alert for key words. Any time somebody places an Ad with your key word you get an e-mail telling you. This gives you first shot at parts. Alot time you will be calling be for it even gets posted.
      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Look around, especially junkyards and government auctions. The ugly pastel green forest service XJ's were equipped with D44 rear axles (but not much else).
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

ahhhhhh!!! i have been extremely dissapointed...my older jeep, 85 4cyl with 5spd doesnt have 4.10s it has 3.73...i counted the pinion and ring gear and divided so im positive thats what it has. and the axles are pretty rusted and crappy so im not wasting my time with that crap. :mad:
          B R E T T

Comment

that sucks. 3.73's are better then 3.55's, but not by much. Keep stickin to it. You'll find a D44.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              that sucks. 3.73's are better then 3.55's, but not by much. Keep stickin to it. You'll find a D44.

yea i started workin again...found a job refereeing football pays well. so now im keeping my eye out for a D44 and once i get it i will have it benched for a while gettin gears installed and probably some sort of auto locker like an aussie or something. so for now im stuck running 31s with a 5spd and 3.07 gears...it hasnt been to bad so far, i can still sqeal those suckers going from a stop and turning and accelerating. makes me feel like im in a racecar!! lol
              B R E T T

Comment

Working...
              X