Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clocking Dana 300

I was wondering if anybody has any thoughts on Clocking a Dana 300. I have a daily driver 50miles round trip. I've seen two types of kits. one with a 5/16"" to 1/2" plate and bolts, one with the plate and an extended input shaft to make up the differance in lenth of the plate. The cheap way I saw was to drill new holes in the adpter, but this way only uses 5 of the 6 bolts. I wait to gain as must ground clearance as possilbe. I plan on a 1" body lift and modifing the floorpan to fit. Any input is welcome :confused:
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Buy the JB conversions clocking ring and call it a day. You don't want to drill the adapter because you don't get as much thread when you drill straight through the t-case housing.
    :shades:
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

This sounds like a good idea.I checked out their web site http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/p...300/plate.html .How do you compensate for the change in angle of the transfer case lever where it comes through the floor?
      "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

You can either buy the twin-stick conversion (it doesn't have to be theirs), which helps with the angle, or just use the stocker and bend the lever/clearance the tub a bit. If you bend the lever, make sure you don't bend it at all below the pivot or it will probably not shift correctly.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
        X