Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Line Play

Ok even though this hasn't effected any of my wheeling it just dosent seem to be right. I can turn my front Drive Line about 4 inches with my hand. This is when the hubs are locked, in four low, I also have Detroit lockers. My u-joints seem to be ok. Any know if the slack is ok?

Detroits will allow a seemingly huge amount of driveshaft backlash. Eaton's website addresses this issue in their FAQ's. IIRC it's about 1/4 turn.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      Detroits will allow a seemingly huge amount of driveshaft backlash. Eaton's website addresses this issue in their FAQ's. IIRC it's about 1/4 turn.
      Thanks for that! Thought I was gunna have to dig deep in my pocket.

Comment

SOP when run'n DL's. No worries.
        DL's use 'rachet cogs' inside their carriers. That why the 'slop' you see/feel.
        I run'em front and rear........LOL
        LG
        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
          SOP when run'n DL's. No worries.
          DL's use 'rachet cogs' inside their carriers. That why the 'slop' you see/feel.
          I run'em front and rear........LOL
          LG
          I really like them, Im running them front and rear as well but Im not driving a street legal jeep, my other TJ had ARB' and was street legal. Not saying they arent legal just saying I dont want wear my tires out, 42's arent cheap

Comment

I run Detroit Lockers front and rear on my street legal YJ. No problems with abnormal tire wear. No component problems. I like DLs because they just work. No thought required. A little excitement on the street from time to time when they lock unexpectedly but that just keeps my wife from wanting to drive it....
            Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

Originally posted by DirtBall89 View Post
              I run Detroit Lockers front and rear on my street legal YJ. No problems with abnormal tire wear. No component problems. I like DLs because they just work. No thought required. A little excitement on the street from time to time when they lock unexpectedly but that just keeps my wife from wanting to drive it....
              I cant turn without my tires barking on pavement. There's a difference in Detroit Lockers and Detroit True Trac. What one are you running because mine are always locked.

Comment

DL's 'drive' from the inside tire in a turn. That's the 'chirp' you hear when the tire slips.
                DL's use ratchet cogs in place of spider gears. That is the rotational play use see in the driveshaft.
                DL's only 'lock' under power or compression braking.
                LG
                Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Working...
                X