Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: atlas 4.3 or 5.0

about to drop the hammer on a Atlas. 4.0 and ax15. Would you get a 4.3 or 5.0 and why? only 80.00
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

It depends on what you want for gearing looky here, might help you decide

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

I love my 5:1 case gives me essentially a 12 speed trans, no gearing overlap

Your choice 80:1 or 92.5:1 crawl ratio.
    I would opt for 92.5:1

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      It depends on what you want for gearing looky here, might help you decide

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

I love my 5:1 case gives me essentially a 12 speed trans, no gearing overlap

Your choice 80:1 or 92.5:1 crawl ratio.
      I would opt for 92.5:1
      decided on the 4.3. 4.3 is pushing it with an auto if I get one and the 5.0 probably won't be able to be stopped at all. 4 wks delivery time.. Now I can twittle my thumbs.

Comment

By the way, hang on to your speedo adapter on the transfercase. You'll need it

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          By the way, hang on to your speedo adapter on the transfercase. You'll need it
          yup. already pulled. hopefully it wont be to tight getting in with my RE LA skid. Ive got a 1" BL and ML.

Comment

I got the 4.3 over the summer. When you get it, check for leaks around the base of the "Pan" cover on the bottom. Mine had a few leaks. Apparently it is a new design. The older ones had a sight tube for your fluid level, this design doesn't and had some kinks. It ended up taking them about 6 weeks to get mine out then another 3 while they were sending out a "repair kit" (read thread sealer) for the leak.

If you need any AMSOIL for it, let me know and I'll get some shipped out to you and you can just paypal the money or what not. Thing is a bit funky to shift into low range at first, need to be moving but just barely
            USMC F&AM

Comment

interesting because I spoke to a Tech while ordering and he said they still have sight tubes. They even took my 27.00 for the purchase of one.

Comment

Huh. Maybe I'm just lucky enough not to have one. Lame.
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                X