Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 wagoneer..fuel injected throtle body?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 wagoneer..fuel injected throtle body?

Does anyone know if the 1980 wagoneer with a 360 v8 have a fuel injected throttle body? And if it did, did it have an intank fuel pump or external pump?
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

That should have a motorcraft 2bbl carb. Howell Fuel Injection sells (or sold) a nice throttle body conversion. If it is fuel injected it could be one of theirs.

Scott
    Come to the dark side.....
    We have Cookies!

Comment

Ok. I bought a 360 out of a 1980 jeep wagoneer and it does have a injected throttle body on it. So..my next question is this: What electronics I.e. Computer and harness do I need to use that instead of carb....and next...what fuel pump would I need and at what pressure would have to put out? It appears to have either 2 or 3 elect connectors on side of throttle body. How would I know what make of a throttle body it is?
      Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Post a pic. of the TBI. Howel uses mostly gm parts. You could also try to strip a complete fuelsystem setup from a 360 Chrysler/ Dodge V8.
        You would need fuelp[ump and connectors engine harness to ecm complete, ecm, distributor and throttlebody

Comment

I'm going to call the guy I bought it from tomorrow. He pulled this engine because he wanted to put a straight 6 in instead. I know he said he drove this wagoneer up on his trailer...so he probably still has the harness, computer. Distributor is in engine. I might just get lucky and be able to put this in my CJ. Does the injected systems get better gas mileage than my Holley 4bbl?

Comment

Ok...got a chance to look at the throttle body today. It's a Rochester tbi. Saw some pictures online when I searched "Rochester TBI". I don't know much about these so any info would be handy. I'm hoping to get the ecm and wiring harness from the vehicle it came out of.

Comment

Means its a GM setup, you need to find and gm ecm for a 350 tbi motor and a distributor that will trigger the injectors/ creates a usable signal for the ecm to trigger the injectors. Or see if you can get a workable distributor and a programmed prom from Howell

Comment

Well...fortunately for me, the engine was already set up with matching dist and throttle body...just need the ecm and wire harness and a fuel pump of some sort.

Comment

Working...
                X