Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warn 27 spline 5x4.5 manual hub kit p/n issues.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn 27 spline 5x4.5 manual hub kit p/n issues.

For those of you who might have this hub kit on their rigs you should know that Warn no longer makes or even supports it. They were bought out by Yukon and Randy's Ring and Pinion some time ago. This can suck because when you try to replace stuff and use the Warn diagram with part number you get a big fat NO RESULT in google.

I am in the process of changing out bearings, and races for the re-install onto my 3/4 ton hp 44 w/30 outers (dont ask)... and decided to clean everything up real nice. Well I tore the 30 apart about 2 months ago and had a surgery. I went out there to start putting everything together and like a MORON I somehow threw away/misplaced 4 important nuts,washers, etc.. I spent about 4 hrs online sourcing these stupid things.

I tried stu olsens warn hub write ups and tried some of his p/n's but his site is a lil outdated. FINALLY I came up with what I needed.

starting here , there are several p/n's that still can be found and several that can't be. I'll list up the stuff that I found.

item #3
    was a PITA to source. I finally found it at a ford dealer (after all its a ford ranger hub kit) p/n is FOTZ-3B458-A and some sites can supply it for about 11.00 but charge like 15.00 to ship a spacer.. NO thanks! Havent priced the dealer yet but I'm sure it'll be robbery none-the-less.
    item #5. this is a 3 piece kit. It's called a spindle nut conversion kit and you can get both sides from summitracing if you need both sides. price is 55.00 and heres the p/n 32720. I assume that's the part needed but double check. I went with just one side since I only lost one side. Rugged Ridge Manual Locking Hub Service Kits p/n 15002.65 also thru summitracing. 25.00.
    items #7,8,9,10 are bearings and races and they can be sourced by the diagrams p/n thru summit.
    item # 11 was a hard one... I found an old post from Blaine and the p/n is CR22353 and hopefully can found on ebay..
    item #14 is the spindle needle bearing and I found it at 4wheelparts.com under p/n D/S550759 . p/n is same as on the diagram. So far that's all the parts i needed. HOPEFULLY
    A great tip to get the old needle bearing out if you need to is to bend the tip of a long standard screwdriver slightly by heating it up and pounding on it. then bust out a few of the needle bearings and beat on the fwd wall of the retainer with a good size hammer. They are in there good. It'll pop out after about 3 or 4 hits.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Have you tried tricounty gear in Pomona for the oddball stuff?
    He stocks a lot of oddball stuff for axles

Comment

Have you tried tricounty gear in Pomona for the oddball stuff?
      He stocks a lot of oddball stuff for axles

Comment

Dude.

I Got ALL THAT in stock ready to ship.

Why didnt you just call or email me?

As I have said many times. anything Yukon I got handled and take all tech request and odd part needs for...

To give you an idea.

EVERYTHING you listed brand new, shipped to your door (both sides I assumed so 2 of everything) - 152$

FYI that #3 item you list is only like 5.50$ a pair.

If you want Koyo bearings in place of the Timken then it will go down about 10$.

Also, here is a updated instructions and everything for your kit. It has Yukon on it in place of Warn. But everything is the same except that the warn kit did not include rotors...

http://rwkhaussupply.com/picts/Tech/...s JEEP NEW.PDF
        *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

I Got ALL THAT in stock ready to ship.

Why didnt you just call or email me?

Rob, I thought about it but didnt..WOW I spent a good 225 on all the BS and some of it was for only one side.To much hassle to return now... MAN!... didnt get that ford axle retainer yet. Costing me 19.00 and already had the dealer special order it. Local pick up...If you got a paypal I can just drop you the dime and you can throw it in an envelope with a stamp. It's that small...
          ... Well.. thanks anyways and I'll keep you in mind in the future. I had to really shave down the passenger side sway bar bracket to the point that its probably gonna fail some time. Gonna have to brace it up. My currie steering is hitting it like a mo-fo. Just about have it in. Just need to finish up the hubs and regear the back and shorten the front d/s... Im just glad to be feeling better.......
          Last edited by brokenujoint; 06-07-13, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
            I had to really shave down the passenger side sway bar bracket to the point that its probably gonna fail some time. Gonna have to brace it up. My currie steering is hitting it like a mo-fo. Just about have it in.
            Sounds like the front axle is pushed forward some. The further forward the axle is pushed, the more the steering gets closer to the axle and the brackets etc on the axle. Thats just a experienced guess though. I have had Currie build over a dozen of these in the last few years without issues like this. Not to mention they used to sell these like hot cakes before the rockjock 60 was introduced.
            *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
              Sounds like the front axle is pushed forward some. The further forward the axle is pushed, the more the steering gets closer to the axle and the brackets etc on the axle. Thats just a experienced guess though. I have had Currie build over a dozen of these in the last few years without issues like this. Not to mention they used to sell these like hot cakes before the rockjock 60 was introduced.
              I don't think that the front is to far fwd. With a 4 inch lift and 35s im rubbing the back of my poison spyder fenders and my springs are seated perfectly. Putting a bend in my currie drag link tomorrow and im going with a currie track bar. My RE isnt cutting it. I also had to cut 3/ 8 an inch off the driver inner axle.
              Last edited by brokenujoint; 06-17-13, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X