Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: JK t-stat housing

Ok, went to gas up the 'ol Rubicon and got a whif of rad fluid. Popped the hood an what do you know? the plastic T-stat housing on the front of the 3.8 is spewing orange foamy stuff. Anyone have this happen? where do ya git the part to replace this bad boy, 'cause NAPA can't get the part for me.

Any thoughts?
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Hmmmm....Jeep dealership
    Rich

Comment

Jeep proprietary parts. Got $$$ ?
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Yeah, I got a hold of the parts guy @ a stealership- it's only $26- or so. My problem = Victorville Motors. I HA :censor: TE that place with a passion, so I am going to have to roll down to Ontario to git this cheap lil piece o' plastic. The other thing is: nobody can say if it needs a gasket or not. They sell a gasket and an O-ring for this housing, sometimes it includes the T-stat, sometimes no. It's kinda getting stupid to be this invested in such a chickensh*t part.
        Last edited by Kodiak Spirit; 11-29-12, 08:38 AM.

Comment

*in my defense I haven't been wheeling is forever. 'An just 'cause haters gonna hate I am doing an oil change anna full four wheel brake job onna Liberty right now. I'm even changing outta wheel stud. onna back side. wif the drum brakes. :devil:

Comment

I am amazed sometimes how inexpensive the factory parts are some times.
            Rich

Comment

OK. going down to get the t-stat housing today. $26- of course they didnt have it in stock...

Comment

Working...
              X