Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: flywheel

Pretty sure I know the answer but would like other opinions before moving forward.
    I'm doing a clutch job on my 97 TJ sport and I'm putting in a new flywheel as well. When comparing the two flywheels they are the same in regards to the outtermost part of the fly wheel. Meaning the machined cutouts which I assume are for the CPS. Long story short, does the cps read the 12 cut outs onside of the flywheel or at the two drilled holes further in towards the center? I assume those two holes are balance marks and vary from part to part.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

You ever seen a non-CPS flywheel with those machined toofesses?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
      You ever seen a non-CPS flywheel with those machined toofesses?
      Your question to my question isn't helping my question.

Just asking if the notches on the outside of the flywheel are for the cps. If they are then my flywheel is a match. The arrows in the attached picture I assume are just the drilled areas that are for balancing...

Comment

Kevin your right on both.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

All you care about is the square notches. Round holes are never used by position sensors, would not give a good signal

Comment

Thanks! That's what I assumed but assumption screws me 95% of the time. Sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
              Your question to my question isn't helping my question.

Just asking if the notches on the outside of the flywheel are for the cps. If they are then my flywheel is a match. The arrows in the attached picture I assume are just the drilled areas that are for balancing...

Don't be a bonehead--my question answered your question. As has been pointed out, common sense has already pointed you in the right direction. I was just trying to give you a nudge instead of a shove.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

[QUOTE=inVERt'D;216144]Don't be a bonehead--my question answered your question. As has been pointed out, common sense has already pointed you in the right direction. I was just trying to give you a nudge instead of a shove.[/Q

O U C H . now it's name calling... geesshhh. :thumbs_do

Comment

Working...
                X