Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: sigh

Well my throwout bearing or what ever the noise is... has come back.. POS... Gonna start ripping out the crossmember, trans case and get as far as I can today. Not feeling like doing this "project" but I've learned to knock out a noisy clutch before you end up with a sign on the freeway asking for a ride.
    Biggest problem i end up with is my RE LA crossmember skid. When I take it off its a PITA to get back on. The brackets that bolt to the frame pan out and its SUPER hard to get the pan back on... I got a month and a 1/2 before I move so I'm pretty confident I'll get er done. Getting a Luk clutch kit this time and a new flywheel as well.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

what size torx are the bolts that hold the RE LA crossmember on? Cant seem to find the info on google or RE

Comment

I don't recall, but having a set of those would behoove any TJ owner.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

I know.. I have various torx but of course not the one I need. A T45 is to small and I'm assuming they go in 5,10,15 etc... RE's install instructions mention a T55 but thats to big and not sure what the heck thats for.... I'll probably just drop the dime for a set...

Got both driveshafts off and ready to drop the stupid cross member out and ran into this lil issue. Also what size is the dreaded bolt at the 12 o clock position @ the engine/tranny mounting point?

Comment

Do you mean on the bellhousing? It's just a hex head, right? Got any questions about my Jeep?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

give me a minute.

Comment

E12 Star bolt
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

:wink: thxs

Comment

Working...
                X