Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Clutch Job

Anyone near the San Diego area who'd love to help a jeeper do a clutch job? Ive done it before but a second set of hands helps. Located near Santee. Got a case of beer and a pizza with your name on it!:yay:
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

booo!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

When is this taking place?

Comment

as of now, it's not.. the throwout bearing/pilot bearing/input shaft bearing noise(s) have subsided for the time being. I pray they dont return..

Comment

Cool. Did you do anything with the tranny fluid?
          holes = cowbell

Comment

I opened the filler plug on the tranny and it was oozing fluid. It looked brand spanking new. I cant honestly remember when I changed the tranny fluid last. Probably about 6 yrs since that's when I put the clutch in, but in those 6 yrs I've driven the jeep probably 3,000 miles. I took it for a nice drive yesterday and when I pulled into my garage I heard absolutely nothing. A little more time may tell if it gives up the ghost but so far so good. As for the starting issues, it was the battery for sure. It runs WAY better since I put that new battery in. Surprisingly actually. Now I can concentrate on that HP 3/4 ton 44 I'm saving for.

Comment

Sounds good. Drive your Jeep more
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
              X