Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Currie Rock Jock pinion seal leaking

How hard is it to remove and replace the pinion seal on my rear Rock Jock 60. It started leaking a little bit the other day. Do I need any special tools?

Thanks
    Jeff

No special tools needed just the right socket, maybe a pullet to get the yoke of depending how tight it is on the pinion. Pull seal out, install new one make sure you retorque the pinion nut and put some red loctite on it if you reuse it. Those nuts do like to come loose and it isn't funny when the yoke and drive shaft come loose from the axle

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      and it isn't funny when the yoke and drive shaft come loose from the axle
      It is when it isn't yours...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for answering! I'll get the seal and nut ordered.

Jeff

Comment

I think the whole assembly is ruined... you should remove the RJ60 and donate it to me for further research

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
            I think the whole assembly is ruined... you should remove the RJ60 and donate it to me for further research
            Skeeter you still around? Gonna come out and play Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
              I think i might just order a front Rock jock to see how the seal looks !!!

Comment

It will be absolutely impossible. Not sure if you read the owner's manual but once that happens the assy is junk. SERIOUSLY. I'll be over to haul it away for you. FREE of charge of course.
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Like somebody i know who's front wheels came off. Oh I bout cried with laughter. Love u buddy, Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X