Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best spark plugs?

I am looking to change the plugs in my 99 cherokee 4.0L.... what are the best plugs out there?

I've just been using Champion Truck Plugs . . . they seem to work pretty good.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Not sure where i saw it and i havent tried it but ive read some good stuff about it...take the plugs you have and use a dremel and cut the part where the spark arcs across, only cut it back a teeny bit. this prob doesnt help at all...ill try to rustle up a picture...

EDIT: Check this out...its worth a try, if you want to see the article about it PM...dont wanna upset anyone by linking to other forums
      Last edited by JeepJunkie; 06-26-04, 03:28 PM.
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

it's no problem to link to another forum. but if you start a thread for the sole purpose of linking to another forum for content, that's when we can see it as advertising and edit it.

if you've noticed, people link to other forums all the time.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

ok well here is the linky....Plugs
          B R E T T
          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I went with the tried and true Champions for the WJ. Champions is all I have ever used my entire life and probably the rest of my life.

The plugs on my WJ had about 50K on them and were burned open to almost .055. I put the new Champions platinums in and gapped them to the proper setting, .035. Seat of the pants dino said I got a lot of ower back and maybe some more. I was not intending on buying plats, Advance Autoparts thought I had plats to begin with so I just went off that. I gained about 1.5 MPG from them as well. The new MPG numbers were higher than I had ever gotten from the Jeep. Next set going in the ZJ will definately be the plats.

Not sure if your 99 has the coil pack or not, if it still has a cap and rotor then upgrading the coil, cap and rotor would be a good idea as well.
            It's a Jeep thing, my wife doesn't understand.

Comment

I like the SplitFire plugs
              [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
              In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
                I like the SplitFire plugs
                Are they worth the extra cash you paid for them? What did they do to the performance of your engine?
                It's a Jeep thing, my wife doesn't understand.

Comment

I run the stupid carb 258. When the jeep gets a little rocky or off camber the 258 always had a flooding problem, I have upgraded to TFI coil and the splitefire plugs not sure which has improved, but the power and fuel mpg is up. One day I will good fuel injection. Just have to convince my BOSS (I mean my wife). When I pull the plugs they are clean with no carbon deposits.
                  [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                  In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

I know its overkill for my application, but I went with Bosch platinum+4 plugs. They cost more, but there's no gapping or adjusting involved. Just stick 'em in and go. They've worked really well and are holding up nicely.
                    It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                    and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                    X