Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 dash "switch" on a yj

Today I'm getting rid of the 2 piece vaccum shaft assymbly in my D30. I was just wondering if the 4x4 "switch" for the dash light was in the tcase or on the axle vacumm motor

Thanks, Mike

[COLOR="sienna"]I believe it's on the T-Case, if I recall correctly. It's been a while since I got rid of that vaccuum advance. The fork assembly on the axle doesn't have any electrical connections I think. Although I can't remember exactly which wire it is on the T-case that leads to the light on the dash.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

On mine theres like a position switch on the vacumm shif. But if you shill have a 4x4 indicator then I'm not too worried about it

Comment

[COLOR="sienna"]Nope, my indicator isn't functioning... um... but you probably shouldn't base your assumption on my YJ. Not a lot functions on it electrically. [/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The switch for the light is in the vacuum motor. I believe the switch from a TJ will fit the YJ case in the original vacuum switch position. The wire harness from below the fuse block will reach fine. The older Cherokees had it mounted on the tail housing. That's why the older style shift rods had a bevel cut on the tip.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Today I'm getting rid of the 2 piece vaccum shaft assymbly in my D30. I was just wondering if the 4x4 "switch" for the dash light was in the tcase or on the axle vacumm motor

On mine theres like a position switch on the vacumm shif. But if you shill have a 4x4 indicator then I'm not too worried about it
            You answered your own question.

Yes, it is the switch on the axle disconnect that makes the 4x4 light operate.
            Last edited by dktool; 02-19-12, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X