Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring and Pinion Installers

I am looking for recommendations / referrals for a shop in my area to have my ring and pinions changed from the current 3:53 ? to somewhere in the 4:10 range.

I live on the border of L.A., O.C. and S.B. counties.

I have stock Dana 30 & 35 with a Spartan Locker in the front and factory Trac lok in the rear.

If you want 4.10's, find a deal on a set of axles from a 4cyl. You'll be money ahead 'cause you won't have to pay for gears, setup or new carriers and the Spartan will swap right over. Plus, swapping axles yourself is easy. Just make sure you use the 95 front shafts - they have the bigger joints. Another option is the front from a 4cyl and an 8.8. That would definitely give a boost in strength. If you're set on going 4.56 or deeper, check RWH haus.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

If you don't mind a drive. Frank at South Bay Truck in Hawthorne, is great. that guy can do gears with his eyes closed. He's not to far from the Redondo Bch 4 wheel parts, to give you a location referance.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I would definately find some used axles from a 4 cyl with 4.10 installed u should be able to get both for under $500 and the install is real easy plus u could sell your axles for $2-300 to help offset the cost and have a real cheap regear. Also if ur going to go through the trouble of swapping ur d30 I would try to find a hp30 out of a Cherokee with 4:10. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Blktjsport View Post
          I would definately find some used axles from a 4 cyl with 4.10 installed u should be able to get both for under $500 and the install is real easy plus u could sell your axles for $2-300 to help offset the cost and have a real cheap regear. Also if ur going to go through the trouble of swapping ur d30 I would try to find a hp30 out of a Cherokee with 4:10. Good luck
          X2
          find new axes..
          04 Rubi
          00 XJ

Comment

Your reference to "hp30", if that is high pinion, that is what I currently have in it.

Am I correct if the following statement:

The D30 I have would need a new open carrier to go deeper on the gears but the D35 / trac lok will accept deeper gears as is ?
            That is if, I was to use my current units.

I am all ears if someone out there has 4:10 axles from a 4 cylinder for sale.

Comment

I will have my rear D35 out in a few weeks, if you don't mind the wait. At the most it should be out by early next month.

Comment

I have a dana 35 out of a Tj with 4.10's and a detroit looking for a new owner. Its not a direct bolt in but if you know how to weld its easy to cut your brackets off and weld them on

Comment

Call Tri-County Gear in Pomona. 909-623-3373.

Steve
                  All slow and no show

Comment

My vote is for Robert at RWK Haus. Good prices and I've heard of no problems with his work.

http://www.rwkhaussupply.com/magento/

Comment

I have the 4.10's you want... HP D30 and D35.... name your price!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CVD View Post
                        My vote is for Robert at RWK Haus. Good prices and I've heard of no problems with his work.

http://www.rwkhaussupply.com/magento/
                        I agree, he just did my 8.8 a few weeks ago.

Comment

I have the 4.10's you want... HP D30 and D35.... name your price!!!
                          PM Sent

Comment

Working...
                          X