Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tera Flex Hi Steer Sys

Has anybody used this kit? Good bad and ugly about it. Is the D30 and TJ D44 the same knuckle?

Link to kit http://www.teraflex.biz/high-steer-system.html
    It was like that when I got here.

Just get a HD currie draglink and a good v8 grand cheroke tierod from the junk yard for ~$20 and flip it otk. Save alot of money and it will rarely hit anything. D44 d30 I believe are the same outer knuckles.

Comment

Joe,

I believe that this is the same High Steer that Jesse ran on his YJ for years. It looked and worked great. Very beefy.

Comment

I put one on my YJ last weekend. The upper arm thingy hits my stock Rubicon wheels. Now I need new wheels.

Comment

Comment

That top boss looks pretty beefy. Could you shave less than 1/8" to run your Moabs?
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

I shaved it right off the bat but the wheel still hit pretty bad.

Comment

Not sure they will fit but Ive got 5 15 x 10" aluminum wheels i am going to sell for $275. I believe they have 4 inch backspacing but I have to check on that. They have some rockrash but not bent in anyway. They have about 5000 miles on them. If you interested lmk. Arts got em and we need to dismount the tires off them.

Comment

Yes the installation guide does say "you will need new aftermarket wheel with 3.5 BS or less or wheel spacers". I think Rubi stock wheels have 4.5 to 5 of BS. I like the kit though, very beefy…
                  04 Rubi
                  00 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Roundeyes View Post
                    Yes the installation guide does say "you will need new aftermarket wheel with 3.5 BS or less or wheel spacers". I think Rubi stock wheels have 4.5 to 5 of BS. I like the kit though, very beefy…
                    Yeah... But I called Teraflex and asked them if my Moab Rubicon wheels would work. The technician said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by trailwing View Post
                      Yeah... But I called Teraflex and asked them if my Moab Rubicon wheels would work. The technician said yes.
                      Unfortunately companies will say anything to get you to buy their stuff. Fortunately we has forums like this to get real world info.

Any pics of the finished, job?
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I'm sure that kit works fine however, I have the Currie set up and it seems like any thing with tie rod ends risks splitting the knuckle and can't hold up to the abuse for very long. You can go with a Heim set up drill your knuckles and never have to worry about it again. Also you're ready for the hydro assist when it comes time.

I think that there's a knuckle from a Grand Cherokee, or XJ something you can find at parts yard, I'm not sure of the year or exact model but I've seen them around. The Genright twisted pitman arm would be a great addition as well.

I was looking at this set up

http://completeoffroad.com/i-123743-...sp1001-kk.html

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=STK2503
                        You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

My new wheels came in Saturday.

Comment

The lower Teraflex tie rod that came with the kit hit my springs... I was unable to use it.

Comment

Use a flip kit on both sides and you can

Comment

Working...
                              X