Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: I'm a NEWB... Need some help

What SYE kit do folks recommend for my rig? And who (in others experience) has had the best rates for a custom CV Shaft. With the Nump N Bump fast approaching I'm anxiously in a rush to get this thing at least lifted with a stock gear ratio for now. Too poor (I own a Jeep) to do much else right now.

Thanks in advance folks!
    USMC F&AM

Chris,

I have had great experience with Tom Wood's. Click on the YJ link.

Your running out of time. We are heading up on 11/3.
    Check out .

Comment

Tom Woods is great to do business with, and fast service.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

That's what I keep hearing. Chuck, I'm for sure feeling it. I am also now fighting the wedding battle.... I should have known. We shall see.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

Chris,

I went a different way. I had questions with my T-case, so I bought a rebuilt T-case with a SYE already in it from 4 Wheel Parts and I also bought a new rear drive shaft from them at the same time. Never one problem. And as others have stated, I have always heard good things about Tom Woods.
          Last edited by Mitch; 10-12-11, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I run a Currie SYE kit with a HD Currie rear DS and a Tom woods DS up front.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

That was something I had kicked around as well so that I could go to a 4:1 right now. The misses isn't too thrilled with how expensive a wedding is turning out to be so my Jeep budget keeps taking the hit. I suspect for now I will do the Tom Woods XB shaft with their SYE kit, looks like it will be $400 after the core... I'm thinking I can probably siphon off that much to make sure we make Hump N Bump.
              USMC F&AM

Comment

Tell her to be reasonable... The wedding only lasts a day, but the Jeep will give your family years of together time!
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

"to make sure we make Hump N Bump".

Chris, that sounds like honeymoon plans! Good luck

Comment

Nothing against Tom Woods. But with time be'n an issue, see if there's a high quality, local driveline shop in your area. You could probably have everything done in a couple days. I got my drive shafts from a local shop, and never had an issue. Just make sure they know what your do'n with your Jeep.It may even be a bit cheaper, cuz your not paying for a "designer" label.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I thought the same thing. Turns out Tom Woods is cheaper and since I love in Arizona the turn around is only 3 days.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                        I thought the same thing. Turns out Tom Woods is cheaper and since I love in Arizona the turn around is only 3 days.
                        Freudian slip? Guess thats why your get'n married.
                        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Dang autocorrect. Or maybe you're right. Mysterious ways.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                          X