Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake ARB lockers?

http://arbusa.wordpress.com/2011/10/...wing-the-diff/
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

http://www.arb.com.au/media/videos/v...omes+up+trumps.

Here is an interesting video.
    I had no idea there were fakes out there of the ARB. Nothing is sacred.

Here they are, straight from China.

http://www.chinasoong.com/Air-Locker.htm
    Last edited by NAILER341; 10-06-11, 03:47 PM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

At these prices I think I'm gonna build a set of Chinese axles...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

They even copied the part numbers using the RD. Cheap basterds.
        Check out .

Comment

The Chinese have knock offs of everything. I see Chinese copies of our product line all the time. It looks almost exactly like ours and is sold as a direct replacement for ours. If the Chi-lockers are the same quality as thier vacuum pump knock offs I wouldn't waste my money. I hear nothing but bad reviews from customers who buy the Chi-crap pumps.

Comment

It's even leaked into the R/C industry. Funny thing though, when the Chinese "cloned" an American 2 stroke gas aircraft engine company, they (the Chinese) didn't have any heartburn. But when another Chinese company cloned the first Chinese company - the rice balls flew!
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
              It's even [COLOR=red]reaked[/COLOR] into the R/C industry. Funny thing though, when the Chinese "[COLOR=red]croned[/COLOR]" an American 2 stroke gas aircraft engine company, they (the Chinese) didn't have any heartburn. But when another Chinese company [COLOR=red]croned[/COLOR] the first Chinese company - the[COLOR=red] rice bawrs[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]frew[/COLOR]!

Fixed for you. You're we[COLOR=red]r[/COLOR]come...

Comment

frank you vewrry brunch
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I'll say this in my best American accent.... I don't care who you are, that there is some funny shit!!
                  All slow and no show

Comment

Just a FYI...

ARB is very bitter over the Yukon Zip Locker. That video was to compare thiers to a ARB and it was not even close to apples to apples. different application and not a Yukon. But yes a chinese knock off.

Yukon zip does have replacable parts, does have a warranty (better and longer then ARB currently), is chromoly case (not mild steel just hardened as they are saw all others are), and is assembled in Washington which is in the USA. Oh and when comparing value the zip is about 40% less money for a equal arb product.

just saying is all :-)
                    *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
                      Just a FYI...

ARB is very bitter over the Yukon Zip Locker. That video was to compare thiers to a ARB and it was not even close to apples to apples. different application and not a Yukon. But yes a chinese knock off.

Yukon zip does have replacable parts, does have a warranty (better and longer then ARB currently), is chromoly case (not mild steel just hardened as they are saw all others are), and is assembled in Washington which is in the USA. Oh and when comparing value the zip is about 40% less money for a equal arb product.

just saying is all :-)

Are you saying that the "Zip Locker" in the ARB test is not actually a Zip, but a Chinese knock-off?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzyAVPTM8c

You say it is "Assembled" in Washington? Where did the parts come from that are being assembled there?

That is like calling a Toyota an American car because some are assembled in the USA.
                      ERIK

Comment

Well the air locker they are using called a Zip is not what they sell to the public. it was a old first design that they were testing out. And found the same thing that ARB did. So they significantly stronger then what they tested.

As for assembled, just as it sounds. The parts are made in the same countries as the gears in yours and everyone else's jeep(if aftermarket), most likely, S Korea, India, China, etc... Did you know that jeep JK gears and alot of the other, of Superiors gears come from the big C word? Would you not buy them if they told you that? Just asking.

Does it really matter (if its not in the USA) what country the parts are made in, if they adhere to the same exact tolerances and made with raw materials that are quality, as what a factory in the USA would supply? in other words, does it matter if its Australia, or S Korea? If both are equal in fit, finish, strength, and tolerances? Oh but one is $645 and the other is $985+?

The testing facility that RRP has (owner of Yukon) that is used to test not only the Zip, but all other Yukon products, when they are sample tested from oversea factory's, is what makes me a believer, and lack of ANY Zip, Grizzly, or Duragrip failures, that I have had or seen in person, is what makes me trust, selling them. If you think I would sell a item, just cause I can, but knew that the possibility of a problem for the customer was there, then you are mistaken. I stopped selling a major brand a few years ago, because I believed the hype, and then found (thru person deals) that they were only giving my customers and myself a greater chance of problems. Its just not worth it. In the case, of these Zip lockers, I thank Yukon for giving the public and me the opportunity to save 40% and get a quality equal.
                        Last edited by ROBERTK; 10-17-11, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
                          Well the air locker they are using called a Zip is not what they sell to the public. it was a old first design that they were testing out. And found the same thing that ARB did. So they significantly stronger then what they tested.

This is interesting.

As for assembled, just as it sounds. The parts are made in the same countries as the gears in yours and everyone else's jeep(if aftermarket), most likely, S Korea, India, China, etc... Did you know that jeep JK gears and alot of the other, of Superiors gears come from the big C word? Would you not buy them if they told you that? Just asking.

No, I would likely still buy it. I know most of these aftermarket items are made over seas. The whole "assembled in the USA" thing rubs me wrong though. Those words allow them to put a "Made in USA" sticker on an item that was not made here, and that chaps my ass a bit. I'm not pointing at Yukon here, just saying....

Does it really matter (if its not in the USA) what country the parts are made in, if they adhere to the same exact tolerances and made with raw materials that are quality, as what a factory in the USA would supply? in other words, does it matter if its Australia, or S Korea? If both are equal in fit, finish, strength, and tolerances? Oh but one is $645 and the other is $985+?

Where it matters is with the US economy.

The testing facility that RRP has (owner of Yukon) that is used to test not only the Zip, but all other Yukon products, when they are sample tested from oversea factory's, is what makes me a believer, and lack of ANY Zip, Grizzly, or Duragrip failures, that I have had or seen in person, is what makes me trust, selling them. If you think I would sell a item, just cause I can, but knew that the possibility of a problem for the customer was there, then you are mistaken. I stopped selling a major brand a few years ago, because I believed the hype, and then found (thru person deals) that they were only giving my customers and myself a greater chance of problems. Its just not worth it. In the case, of these Zip lockers, I thank Yukon for giving the public and me the opportunity to save 40% and get a quality equal.

Well, that is just good business sense. Selling junk parts would make you and the brand look bad. It is undoubtedly in the best interest of you and your company to sell, and install only parts you stand behind and trust to work correctly. If it is a Chinese part, then so be it.
                          See edits in bold above
                          ERIK

Comment

trust me, IF the ARB was made here in the USA solely and purely, then I would not have the above post. But they are not.

As for assembled in USA, that Does matter! I would NOT buy or sell a locker that is assembled in china or elsewhere that is questionable. Reason I say that assembled here makes it that much better, is that they are assembled by employees that work for Yukon that know, if it doesnt look right, or feel right, or in any way might not be right during assembly, it can go directly over to QC, and have that item laser scanned, or a profile built, or hardness checked, or surface finish tested, or grainular structure tested. And if it is not right, then the whole 'lot' can then be resampled, to make sure that its only a isolated part. If it was being done overseas in a factory, then I doubt that would be the case.

Comment

Gotta say... I can see both sides here. "Assembled In America" creates some jobs, and enhances quality. "Made In America" means, to me, raw materials up to install all done here with some great American pride, and... LOTS more jobs. After reading this I suppose I will lock into some Yukon gears.
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                              X