Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ: WTB: Rear single piece axle kit & any replacement technical support

Hello,
    My user name here is gonufer and I own a 1981 CJ7 with 33" BFG's, tube bumpers, black tube nerf bars, basic roll bar, stock 258 engine - pretty basic jeep used for launching pontoon boat and jet skis at the Colorado River (Lost Lake - 31 miles N of Blythe on CA side) and some winter off-roading.

We broke the right rear axle over Memorial Day and I'd like to replace with one-piece on both sides (obviously).

If anyone has these kits, or knows of a great place to get a set for reasonably priced, I'd love to hear from you. I've never done this replacement before, either, so any technical advice is greatly appreciated. The rear end is about 50% torn apart, wheels/tires off, left castle nut and cotter pin off, differential cover removed (gears and splines look good). Hubs and axles are still in place, and not exactly sure how to remove them...yet.

Any and all info is much appreciated.

I would just search the web for the axle. There are some good deals out there. When I had my amc 20 I found mine on craigslist for really cheap. The replacement isn't that hard. You will need a press for the retaining ring.
    Check out .

Comment

Working...
    X