Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep wont start?

Okay so I have a 2005 Jeep Rubicon with about 105'000 + miles, I hop in start her up procede to make a uturn and when I put her in reverse she won't shift. Shifter feels real loose without any tension I can move in-between gears without really leaving reverse. I had to shut it off and push her to the curb. Now she won't start back up. And the check engine light is blinking, or, it started to blink. Anybody know what the trouble is and know how I can fix this or what it would cost to repair?? and how long to fix?

Thanks

Sounds like a problem with the shift linkage, assuming it's an automatic the trans is not in park or neutral and therefore will not let the starter engage

Comment

You got the answer from the best.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Okay so i figured out what it was. apparently the bushing around the shifter nipple under the console that connects to the gear lever broke off. So i bought a new one but cant get the lever to fit onto the bushing. The white thing in the picture is the bushing and the black arm is the lever that wont snap on.Anybody have any solutions?
        Last edited by BennyB; 08-01-11, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Got to squeeze it with a pair of pliers it's an interference fit

Comment

Okay. Just worried about breaking that rubber lever deal or even bending that metal piece. Thanks for the feedbak

Comment

Working...
            X