Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popping in rearend of my 05 rubicon... HELP

I have a popping sound which can be felt coming from the rearend of my 05 rubicon. I have changed the fluid with the recommended 75/140. Still popping when I turn R or L. What could cause this and how can I fix it. Would the airlocker be the cause? Need help.

You should post this in the driveline section, you will get better help. Good luck.
    It's not leaking it's marking its territory.

Comment

popping in the rearend of my 05 rubicon

I have a server popping sound that is coming from the rearend of my 05 rubicon. My rearend fills like its binding up, and if I turn sharp and stop the rear axel is torqued in the direction the jeep is turned.
      I have changed the fluid with the recommended 75/140. No missing teeth on the ring no metal frags. Only pops when I turn R or L. I have noticed that the rear locker light flashes some times. Would the locker cause this problem. Should I park it till I get this fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        I have a server popping sound that is coming from the rearend of my 05 rubicon. My rearend fills like its binding up, and if I turn sharp and stop the rear axel is torqued in the direction the jeep is turned.
        I have changed the fluid with the recommended 75/140. No missing teeth on the ring no metal frags. Only pops when I turn R or L. I have noticed that the rear locker light flashes some times. Would the locker cause this problem. Should I park it till I get this fixed?
        Locker failed

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Locker failed
          Sounds about right-
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I had the same sounding problem in my rear end. Pulled the cover off and the spider gears were shot, maybe take a look at that.

Comment

Rubi rear lockers have worm gears for the limited slip part in them, that love to granate

Comment

Look on Craigslist. See alot of rubi lockers for sale there.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

05's came with a 70,000 mile 7 year power train warranty, check to see if yours is still covered. I have the 05 rubi and it's covered until next April. Broke a axle a few weeks ago and the dealer replaced it. Only cost me the $100.00 deductable.:smile:

Comment

Working...
                  X