Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New D44 install?

I just bought RallyeX's D44 form his 05 Rubicon. I need to swap in some 4.88's and get it bolted in.

My ? is will I need anything else to be done to my 97 2.5L TJ in order to bolt it up?

Or should it just bolt right up?

Most cases it will bolt right in, sometimes the rear driveshaft will be a little to long, other than that it's a straight forward bolt in job

Comment

ok another ? is how do i wire up the pump. does any one with a stock rubicon have any pictures of how theres is installed?

Comment

The Rubi D44 will bolt right up to your TJ, the pumpkin might be a little longer (front to back), Your driveshaft will NOT bolt right up to the Rubi D44. The best thing to do and do it right the first time is to get a new yoke that uses U-bolts instead of straps and get the right one for your driveshaft. You probably have a 1310 u-joint. The Rubi D44 has a 1330 u-joint with 1310 caps (not Ford 1330). Also be very careful with the pump if you wire it up wrong it will burn up real fast and they are not cheap. You should be able to find some write-up’s on the wiring of the pump in some of the Jeep forums. Good luck with your swap hope it works for you.
        04 Rubi
        00 XJ

Comment

Hey I found a good write-up for you on the locker pump hear is the link… I think you should start on post number 63. Please let me know how your swap comes out?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...86/index5.html
          04 Rubi
          00 XJ

Comment

Sweet Roundeyes, that will work. thanks

Comment

Ok it looks like I will have to shorten my rear drive shaft and some how change the shaft to a 1330 or chabge the axle to a 1310?

How is this done? Also where is a good driveline shop in and around the chino area?

Comment

you can use a combo 1310-1330 u joint

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  you can use a combo 1310-1330 u joint
                  Ok where do i find one of those? I can find one on quadratec or 4wd.

Also Art wheres a good driveline shop around here? Will they know how much to shorten it, or will the axle have to be in it and bring them the Jeep so they can measure it?

Comment

Before you put the springs in, push the axle all the way up and measure center to center, then go full drop measure center to center, then put the springs and shocks on and the tires then measure center center at ride height. Give those 3 #'s to the drive line shop. The drive line shop should have any u joint that you will need.

RallyeX

Comment

Originally posted by smashcoast View Post
                      Ok where do i find one of those? I can find one on quadratec or 4wd.

Also Art wheres a good driveline shop around here? Will they know how much to shorten it, or will the axle have to be in it and bring them the Jeep so they can measure it?
                      JB reel in Pomona or Inland Empire driveline by the Truckstop of the 10 fwy and Miliken on Guasti rd

Comment

Thanks Guy's.

Comment

Thanks alot for all the info guys.

I talked to Robert at RWK Haus and he's gonna do the gear install for a killer price!

I used him to regear my other axles and I dont think his prices can be beat!

I will continue to purchase all I can from him.

Comment

Working...
                          X