Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, I was hoping to do Dishpan this weekend but with the weather moving in...................???????

Comment

Spartan Test

I did Cleghorn last Saturday for the first run on the "Lunch Box", worked great !
      Only heard it ratchet / pop once and it wasn't very loud.
      Had the right front wheel off the ground a couple feet once and it just kept on climbing.

So far, seems to be the best $240.00 I have spent in a while.

Comment

I think you'll be fine. Unless I'm mistaken, 1995 was the only year Jeep put the larger 297/760 U-joints in the YJ. I run a '95 long side w/disconnect in my '88YJ. I do, however, have a cable actuated disconnect vs. the vacuum unit. You can always go to a stronger TJ axles but then you'll hear the ratcheting.

Comment

Does your D30 have the three piece axle or a two piece? I added the "posi-lock' to mine in December, then after spending $230 on that I blew another $500 replacing the front axles and converting them to a two axle set up last month. If you have the three piece I will gladly accept a donation of $100 for the posi lock kit if ya need it.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52435_0X_PG.htm

Comment

I have been told that yes, the 95' does have the larger u-joints.

I do have the 3 piece axles with the vacuum actuator.

Thanks for the offer of the Posi Lok, is it the standard length cable or the longer one ?

Comment

Originally posted by trailwing View Post
              I think you'll be fine. Unless I'm mistaken, 1995 was the only year Jeep put the larger 297/760 U-joints in the YJ. I run a '95 long side w/disconnect in my '88YJ. I do, however, have a cable actuated disconnect vs. the vacuum unit. You can always go to a stronger TJ axles but then you'll hear the ratcheting.
              Thats funny I dont ever hear mine ratchet in my tj. In fact I dont recall hearing my rear detriot either. Must be the lucas oil.

Comment

Working...
              X